We stayed here for a weekend in Virginia Beach. This is one of the newest hotels on the oceanfront and was very clean and modern. The kids enjoyed free lollipops at the front desk. The hotel has its own parking garage. They do have people to help with your bags. You should tip them, but it's well worth it! They were so friendly and great with the kids. They were very patient and loaded and unloaded all our luggage. They offered tips on the area and made us feel very welcome.
The room was nice although the tub's drain was slow to drain. That may be expected with an oceanfront room with sand. A slight inconvenience, but not a deal breaker by any means.
The hot breakfast included in the rate is very nice. You have your choice of cereals, fruit, muffins, bagels, coffee, juice, yogurt and you can even make your own Belgian waffles. One mold was shaped like a teddy bear!
This hotel is located at the lower end of the beach along the 3 mile long boardwalk. Since there are no amusement rides, etc. except for one small area midway up the boardwalk, it was very quiet.
They have two pools. One is indoors on the lobby level with a hot tub. We did not use that one. The outdoor pool is actually next door near the next hotel. It was very nice, there is a bar there and another hot tub. When we used it our last night we had it to ourselves! They close it at 10pm, which is a shame as it would have been nice to stay there a bit longer. The indoor pool closes at 11pm.
I like the layout of this hotel as the master bedroom has the balcony/view of the ocean. The sleeper sofa/living area is near the hallway of the floor. We stayed in a one room suite so there was no door between the main bedroom and the living area, but it worked out fine with the kids. They knew we were out on the balcony after they went to sleep and we kept a couple of lights on for them and for us so we could read. There is no exterior light on the balcony.
We were able to watch volleyball games right in front of us on the beach. The view was spectacular and I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax at SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, where weekend jaunts, family vacations, and even business trips are enjoyable and memorable. Our Virginia Beach Oceanfront hotel's beachfront location in Virginia Beach, Virginia is perfect for those who want to step just feet away from their guest room and sink their toes into the sand. Our hotel features all oceanfront suites with private balcony, microwave, mini refrigerator, 2 TVs, complimentary breakfast, free wireless Internet, free local calls, and complimentary parking. Enjoy our indoor pool and expansive outdoor pool plaza with cafe and fitness center. SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront lets you unwind and cherish every moment in Virginia Beach, VA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your SpringHill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Springhill Suites