“Died and went to Heaven” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Died and went to Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

When I saw that Duck Donuts had a Virginia Beach location, we had to stop on our way home. The line was almost out the door! They have such an efficient system though, that we had our order in less than 10 minutes. A staff member provides an order sheet and a pencil as you are standing in line, and the cashiers quickly whittle the lines down and get the orders in. Just a few minutes later, you are rewarded with a warm box of goodness. I can't tell you how many people I saw sitting in their cars scarfing down that first warm, delicious heavenly donut before leaving the parking lot. Such a treat!

1 Thank Ellen H

Medina, Ohio
“OMG! Sweet warm goodness!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Create your own donut combos and wait while they cook. Seemed complicated, but OMG when we got them, they were warm and delicious!! they ruined us for other donuts. I wish one was where we lived!!!

Visited July 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“The BEST Donuts EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

My husband and I are what one could call "donut snobs." We avoid national donut chains at all cost and check out independent or local chain donut shops whenever possible. Duck Donuts is HANDS DOWN the best donuts we have ever had. They are hot and amazingly delicious. They exclusively use cake donuts and have an amazing selection of glazes and toppings which they GENEROUSLY lavish on the delicious fried dough. If you like donuts AT ALL, do not miss out on eating at one of their Virginia or NC locations.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“N.C. comes to Virginia Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I never thought that I would find doughnuts better than Crispy Cream (just cooked), but Duck Donuts beats the heck out of them. Founded in the Outer Banks of N.C. they opened another store in Virginia Beach. My daughter recommended I try them - although they are cake donuts instead of yeast (?). So I went and watched as they made them right in front of me (I picked 1/2 dozen). There is a huge variety of what kind of doughnut you want - same "vanilla" doughnut for base, but so many different frostings/toppings. You could probably go many times and get different types. You can buy them singly or in any amount you want from there. Two thumbs up from me.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
“To Die For”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

These donuts are delicious, but messy! They pop right out of the donut machine and make them fresh, to order, with a variety of glazes and toppings. The donuts are cake-like rather than doughy. We were in a hurry as we were heading home from vacation. Next time I will allow more time to be more creative with the glazes and toppings. My favorite was the cinnamon sugar donut with a little chocolate glaze on top. Yum!

1 Thank Mrsparsons1