“New location-Old owners”

Jose Tequila
Ranked #150 of 1,452 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The owners of El Tapatia across the street moved here recently and expanded their place. Food is good and priced in line with other similar places. Good local joint when you are in the mood of TexMex.

1  Thank Irving F

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We tried this restaurant the other night. They have done a great job decorating this old Texas Steakhouse, it really makes you feel like your in Mexico. The service was very quick and friendly. The menu selection was very good and seemed more authentic then some of the Mexican restaurants I've been in. What I found really interesting was they have a huge selection of different Tequilas and you can try them like you would a "flight" of beers in the craft breweries. I had a large fresh strawberry margarita on the rocks and it really tasted like the it was made with fresh strawberries not strawberry syrup, excellent. Our meals were awesome, very tasty with large quantities and the chips were fresh not stale. I will have to try a tequila sampler next time as long as my wife is driving home. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

While Mexican food is not my thing, this was pretty good. It Does have the Hottest Plates that I have encountered. Maybe too hot to the point of being a bit dangerous. Not spicy hot but heat hot. I had the steak and shrimp which came out on a cast fajita platter. The food kept cooking the whole time I was eating and, when I was done and pushed the platter away, the table was quite uncomfortable to the touch. So the good news is the food stays nice and hot, the bad news is if you happen to bump the platter with bare skin, it's gonna hurt. The food was good, but as I said, not really my thing.