“Outstanding”
Review of Ammos

Ammos
Reserve with OpenTable
Ammos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #85 of 1,431 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Neighbourhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Since retiring to Virginia Beach, until now, Yanni's Casual Greek (see my earlier review on topic) has been our "go - to" Greek restaurant; however, it is very inconvenient to us. After perusing TripAdvisor reviews, I discovered Ammos - just 10 minutes away to the East of us. Dee and I decided to visit Ammos following my excellent medical check-up (exceptionally low cholesterol numbers). The lace is outstanding.We shared a Spanikopita appetizer (a spinach and feta concoction in thin phyllo pastery). I had what the menu calls "Horiatiki" (basically a Greek salad without the romaine), and a grilled chicken pita. Dee had a small Greek salad and our old stand-by Gyro. We also had a glass of Chardonnay. The food was outstanding. Although there were a few flaws in the service (some delays and an error - failure to separate the sauce on the side, and the Chardonnay was served at room temperature, and the tab was a bit high) - the overall experience was excellent and we will return. As an interesting bonus- Saturdays are belly-dancing nights, and Dee used to belly dance.

1 Thank tfig218

New York City, New York
“Second Visit...”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This was my second visit my first was spectacular so decided to come back. They moved so we had to drive to get there as its no longer on the beach. We get there and the entrance is in the back with no handicapped parking. There is also a step to get in (or should i say a raised piece of metal) had to have chair lifted by family member to get in. The food was good but portions are smaller then before. Service was very good and fast. Wouldn't be back due to no handicapped parking near the entrance and the metal barrier : (

Norfolk
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS RESTAURANT!”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We loved this restaurant at their previous location on the ocean front and love it even more at this new location. As a fellow Greek, I must say if you want true, traditional Greek food...this is the place to go! My family and friends recently enjoyed a wonderful meal that began with their excellent Greek Salad and then had the Mezze Sampler: Spanakopita, Tyropita, Tzatziki, Keftedes, Kolokithokeftedes, and Pita. And then enjoyed the Greek Combo Mousaka, Pastitsio, and Spanakopita. Of course, we brought food home since their portion sizes are so large. Everything was FABULOUS! The atmosphere and ambiance are great to have a nice dinner with family and friends. Highly recommend.

1 Thank AngelaReview
washington dc
“Incompetent and not customer friendly”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

At first I was impressed I love Greek food and judging by decor and people thought it would be gd. Hostess ignored us, told her food was on chair when seated she brought over a napkin and left it for us to clean!!? Used coupon with Asian waitress it stated $10 off two entrees; UPTO SIX there was 4 of us and she only gave 2 of us the discount I asked about it as it was the principle and she looked CONFUSED and said she would ask her manager however she was busy!!?? I was going to recommend it to all my friends but not anymore.

Cary, North Carolina
“Excellent choice 3 miles away from the beach”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We enjoyed the visit on a soggy Friday night. Due to rain, it had only a few customers.

The Chicken Kebabs and Chicken Platter were very tasty. The side dishes, green beans and roasted potatoes were a bit average, but grilled veggies were very good with some special greek spices.

We also had their fresh whole fish - Red Snapper (a bit pricey) and it was very good.

Notable for the evening was watching how they patiently dealt with a sleezy customer who after finishing a Salmon dish ordered a "replacement" because the previous one that she had just finished eating was "watery." Interesting part was that she took a picture when the first dish arrived and then took another picture when they offered a free replacement. We couldn't help but listen to whole conversation as they were on the next table.

So I rate their customer service very high.