“Pretty Good”
Review of Ammos

Reserve with OpenTable
Ammos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 1,471 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Reviewed 28 May 2009

It was an OK place. We had Sophia and she provided great service. They were all nice there. It's a little 70's/80's on the inside. I enjoyed the gyro platter and made me think of Greece when it came with fries, like I've had so many times in Athens. The saganaki could have had a little more flame to it. The most entertaining piece was the belly dancing show that came out and they performed for 15-20 minutes. Made it a fun and memorable experience. The food was slightly above average, but with the great service and belly dancing, it's worth a visit.

Reviewed 27 May 2009

Excellent place. Awesome food and excellent service. It is a family run Greek restaurant which serves some excellent food. The atmosphere is great and you can sit outside watching the ocean. It is right on the boardwalk.
The service was excellent with the owner's daughter Sophia serving us herself. She took excellent care of us to the extent of suggesting some great dishes. All the stuff we ordered were fantastic. If you are visiting the place, make sure that you try out the Ecmac.
We would love to visit this place again if we visit Virginia beach in future

Reviewed 4 March 2009

I figured that a restaurant that was in the dining guide in my would at least be worth the time. No so in this case. While the atmosphere and service was very good the overall quality of the food was less than what I was expecting. I started with the calamari appetizer as per the waitress's suggesstion. While it was of sufficient quantity the consitency was very rubbery and it lacked any kind of flavor what-so-ever. Thank the Lord for Marinara sauce. I had hoped that with the arrival of the Main course consisting of the Gyro Platter(also recommended) that things would improve. They did but only marginally. The meat was just a bit over done and the amount of Tzadsiki served was much less than adequate. One good positive was that the greek salad came with the lagest chunks of Feta that I have even seen cut. Those I VERY much enjoyed. Also I have never been to greek restaurant where French Fries were served underneath the stips of meat. Interesting. After the main course and with a reckless hope I ordered the again recommended Baklava and Greek coffee. The coffe was very good however the desert itself tasted as if it have been baked last season and sitting on the counter since. While the staff was very friendly and the music and ambiance very Greek I would not recommend this to others.

Reviewed 7 October 2008

We had dinner here around 5 pm on a Saturday. Since it was early and off-season there were only a few other diners there, but the service was quick and attentive. The food was plentiful - bread with oil and vinegar was free but we ordered another appetizer and our platters were huge! We took half of it home. The piña coladas weren't the best, but we are very picky about them and few places do them just right. Still, the Gyro platter was huge and delicious! And sitting outside on the boardwalk was a nice experience. I would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed 6 October 2008

We saw this restaurant's sign while driving along the beach, and gave it a try during our summer vacation. It was SUPERB! Great food, great service. We were five people, and each and every dish was excellent. We sat outside on the patio, facing the ocean. Definitely give it a try! After dinner, you can stroll the boardwalk and enjoy the busy atmosphere. Great Restaurant!