“Great place!”

Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Rudee's on the Inlet welcomed its rst guest on March 17, 1983, in what was originally designed to be a bait & tackle shop. Since that day, Rudee's has grown to become one of the most popular restaurants and night spots at the Beach. Housed in a replica of an authentic Coast Guard station, the Restaurant & Cabana Bar has grown to include our outside deck with our popular "glider seating" over the water and seasonal re pit tables. Kick back, relax and have a great time. We hope you enjoy our delicious, fresh seafood, specialty drinks and the beautiful sunsets over Rudee Inlet.
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and had dinner there last night of our stay in VA beach. The food was wonderful and the service was really efficient yet friendly. We had a great table on the indoor patio overlooking the marina. I had the fresh catch salmon and it was the best I ever had! My husband had the grilled seafood platter and he raved about it also. We took dessert to go and both of those were also excellent. Highly recommend a visit for a great meal!

1  Thank Deborah G

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Wish Rudee's would up the quality of the food they serve. Give healthier and freshly made food instead of frozen cheap stuff. Add organic, up to date recipes and great food.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We have been fans of the Rudee since the first time we ate there, 9 years ago. We come every time we visit. Great food and great service!!!!

1  Thank Amanda S
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Loved this restaurant at the Rudee Inlet marina. Seated quickly for dinner in the section that overlooks the water and had very friendly waitress. We ordered filet mignon and so glad we did. It was expertly cooked and even though ordered it medium-well—it was tender and flavorful, just perfect! It came with a delicious salad first and the sides of baked potato and asparagus were also cooked just right. We will definitely eat here again and next time will try the fresh catch of the day!! I’m certain will be wonderful!

Reviewed 24 June 2018

I REALLY wish I could give this place 5 stars. If we had only gone the one time - our first visit - I would have given 5 stars. However, because of the inconsistencies between the first visit and the second, I'm only giving 3 stars. The first visit, the food was great and so was our waitress, Natalie. The kids gobbled up the oysters and fries, and my salad was excellent. It's hard to find a good salad at some touristy places, but theirs met the bar. Natalie was attentive, energetic, and friendly. Ok, that was our FIRST visit. The second visit, our waitress barely had time for us, left us sitting for more than half an hour between getting our drinks and then coming back for orders. I had to get up and get my own drink refill from the bartender. Then, this time, they oysters were undercooked and gritty. When we mentioned it, the waitress said they might not be able to steam them again very well since they'd been opened already. (Gee, how about just replacing them?) So she took them away and when they came back, they just looked completely unappetizing and were even grittier. She blamed us for them being gritty because we sent them back. She wasn't a completely awful waitress, but she could definitely learn a few tricks to make the customer feel more welcome. So, sad to say, we had one excellent experience and one very awful one. Management needs to make sure ALL the staff are properly trained and ready to put their best face forward for the paying customer. I don't think it's too much to expect wait staff to be professional and earn their tips.