“Beautiful Hotel, Great Staff”

Westin Virginia Beach Town Center
Ranked #31 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I visited this hotel on business and was pleasantly surprised with the hotel's beauty and cleanliness. The staff was also very friendly upon check-in and check-out. I made a special request when I arrived by asking for the highest level possible so I could be separated from my travel group. I was placed on the top floor, something I didn't expect. Nothing like having a good 5 to 7 floors separating you from your coworkers! I'm sure the generous tip for the front desk attendant didn't hurt the outcome, though I'm sure I would have still received the same level of service without the tip.

The room and common areas were very clean and the location was perfect. Lots of great restaurants within walking distance. Overall a great experience. It was my first time at a Westin as I typically opt for boutique-style accomodations, but this was a perfect alternative. I look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to tip at check-in. There's a difference between making demands and making...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank JMichaelz02
WestinVAManager, Manager at Westin Virginia Beach Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments about your stay with us! We were excited to hear that not only was our team able to exceed your expectations, but that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

My wife insists we stay at the Westin due to its clean, fresh appointments and convenient location. Valet parking is very responsive as is front desk. Housekeeping is a bit spotty, so be advised to stay on top of your needs in this area. Overall, a very good experience that has us much more interested in staying at other Westins as well.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the nearby freeway are quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank BruinOaks

On behalf of the entire Westin team here in Virginia Beach, thank you for the positive comments. We are so pleased to hear about your wonderful stay with us and that we are your hotel of choice for the future! We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

Getting straight to the point this hotel is filthy......from the time I walked off the elevator the stench should have been a sign of what I was in for; however, when I walked into the room and noticed the obvious uncleanliness from the finger prints on every window surface, stains on chairs and walls, greasy dusty headboards, and unclean bathroom thoroughly disgusted me. I requested to be moved immediately and the next room was no better; I then requested cleaning supplies to clean my room myself which is the only way I would feel secure that it was done correctly. I didn't let the cleaning staff in my room during the rest of my stay and had them supply me with towels only as it was obvious they weren't cleaning anything and letting them in was a waste of time. The Cleaning Manager as well as the General Manager aren't paying attention to this and it's ruining a relatively great hotel that Starwood is normally known for. At this rate, if it's not addressed immediately, the small issues that have been mentioned by others will get bigger and will eventually ruin the hotel. I don't plan on staying at this hotel again......I reported this to Management and was asked, "What can I do for you"? No, one followed up after the initial encounter which really showed me just how much of a concern it was for them. Hilton Honors has proven that they care and will be my Hotel brand of choice moving forward. I would suggest if you are going to stay here, BRING CLEANING SUPPLIES.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank chellachell1954

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. On behalf of the entire team, I apologize for the challenges you encountered with our housekeeping service. We always strive to exceed our guest’s expectations, but on the occasion where we do not meet this goal, we want to correct any challenges while our guest is still with us. Unfortunately this was not an available option during your stay. We will use your observations for continued training with our housekeeping team to make sure this does not occur again moving forward. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

Great hotel that is runs like a well-tuned machine. Staff is top notch- rooms are pristine (I was in #714) and location could not be better. You can walk to a lot of different restaurants and there are is totally upscale. Great job to staff and management!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank hippie-gypsy
WestinVAManager, Manager at Westin Virginia Beach Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

We are excited to hear that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations during your visit with us in Virginia Beach. We will share and celebrate your comments with our team. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

Our stay was brief, but pleasant, starting with the valet staff through to our server at breakfast the next morning. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others. I usually love staying at Westins and this was no exception.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Guyfromfaraway

On behalf of the entire Westin team here in Virginia Beach, thank you for the positive comments you have shared. We are so please to hear about your wonderful stay with us. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

I love the Westin chain for their toiletries and their beds, mainly.

This one in VB was a little below Westin standards, but not much. There were little things I noticed that detracted, but not by much. The shower wasn't quite as good as other hotels, the carpets were stained in places, and a door was left open to a cleaning room directly across the hall from my room. Housekeeping service was quite late. Like I said, little things.

But the price was very reasonable and I would not hesitate to stay here again, if I returned to VB anytime soon.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank sdtraveler73
WestinVAManager, Manager at Westin Virginia Beach Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Thank you for sharing your observations with us. We will immediately investigate the challenge of the housekeeping door being left open. In addition, we are in the process of replacing all of our guest room and hallway carpets. This will be completed by the end of April. We hope to have the opportunity to show you first hand these improvements. We are always looking for ways to improve, your comments allow us to do this. Thank you.

Reviewed 23 February 2013

The front desk personnel working the night of Feb 13 and morning of Feb 14, as well as the valet working the stand the morning of February 14 exhibited all the characteristics that Westin wants their employees to convey...Valet working the night of Feb 13 hung back at the stand and let me hop out of my car. I guess he didn't want to get wet (it was raining). His timing was off...asked me if I wanted a bellhop after I started pulling out my luggage. I had just driven in the rain for 4.5 hours/attended a 1.5 hour meeting down the street so I was tired, but I understand that the valet isn't a mind reader....hope he understood why I didn't open my wallet for him!
Bland, neutral decor in the room, but the bed was comfortable and the thermostat easy to figure out. Carpet stained under the nightstand. Door in bathroom was chipped (as if someone had taken a crowbar to it)...surprising these details were overlooked in a Westin but not as surprising as getting in the shower the following morning to discover that the shampoo and conditioner were half-full! Maybe the hotel was trying to save money.
I would give the room an average, but the hotel gets a "very good" due to 3 of the 4 employees I encountered being super courteous and kind, and for the great location.

Room Tip: Room to the right of the elevator on 7th floor will give you a view of the parking garage roof.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Mach91
WestinVAManager, Manager at Westin Virginia Beach Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We will celebrate your positive comments with our front desk. We will also use your other observations for continued training with our housekeeping team as well as our valet team to make sure this does not occur again moving forward. On behalf of the entire team, I apologize for the challenges you encountered in these areas. Thank you again for taking the time to share your observations, as it allows us to continue to improve our guest experiences.