“A better that average Westin”

Westin Virginia Beach Town Center
Ranked #31 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Spent the weekend here for a quick get away…Service is very good…Typical Westin rooms but overall a very good property….Really recommend it as true value--100$ for a larger than normal room and convenient to good restaurants/bars etc….Much better than most Westins…Will be back!!!

Room Tip: 15th floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank cherrypt
WestinVAManager, Manager at Westin Virginia Beach Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you for your positive comments about your stay with us here at the Westin. We could not agree with you more in your observations concerning how the Westin combined with all that the Towncenter area offers makes for a great experience. Again thank you for your comments, we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

I'm staying for one night on short business trip. Located a cross client it was convenient and highly recommended.
We checked in a 8:30
And check out to be at 5:30 the next morning
The check in was fast and friendly.
I was put on the Starwood Preferred member floor , a top floor ,
But I noticed it was an ADA/Handicap accessible bathroom /shower .

Why would I need it as I'm
Not handicapped? Why would they give it to non handicap person, and they should had asked me if there was no other option if I mind.

I find taking a shower in these set ups can be quite messy , and I'm a sure hotel was it busy at all so need to give me a facility I didn't need.

The floor for preferred members doesn't seem to be any special anyway and so, I think they have in hotels -in general- this thing for giving first timers near elevators and handicap bathrooms. WRONG thing to do!

If it wasn't that I'm checking out so early I round have asked for a proper bathroom that fits my need
I find unacceptable to hold these rooms for people that needed them and not ask if I mind it .

So bad customer service to a preferred member and aghast timer in hotel. So beware. Next time I will get the basement level room.

I will be coming back but will look for another option!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank NSCDC

Thank you for sharing your comments. On behalf of the entire team, I apologize for the challenges you encountered with the room type. We will review your comments with our Front Desk team. Thank you again for taking the time to share your observations, as it allows us to continue to improve our guest experiences.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I live in the Hampton Roads area. My husband and I decided to stay here for our anniversary due to the location with many great restaurants, movie theater, Sandler Center and shopping within walking distance. Parking is free which is always a plus. The hotel staff were wonderful. They upgraded our room and sent us a complimentary bottle of wine with a hand written note and drawn sketch of the area, once they realized that it was our anniversary. The bed linens were nice, lots of pillow choices. My only complaint was that they no longer have a hot tub, we have stayed previously and always enjoyed the hot tub. Also, if you like to sleep in, remember to put out the do not disturb sign, because housekeeping will knock on your door around 9am and wake you up otherwise.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank VirginiaEspana

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at The Westin Virginia Beach Town Center. We’re delighted you enjoyed your anniversary with us! We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel 3 time so far. I really don't know why I don't stay here more often!!! It's centrally located and walking distance from numerous fine dining restaurants. Mall is just a few blocks away. During my last stay, there was a flood on the floor above me and my room flooded. No damage to any of my stuff and the management moved me very quickly to another room. I got an upgrade with corner window overlooking the town center. No complaints!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
7  Thank Roberta J
WestinVAManager, Manager at Westin Virginia Beach Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Roberta J
First and most importantly, thank you for choosing the Westin again for your visit to Virginia Beach. We will share all your positive comments about your stay with our team and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again soon!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Very attractive hotel in a great location. Staff very friendly and professional! Lobby is very inviting and well done.
Room was very clean with top of the line linens. Definitely worth the $'s.
The Westin maintains their good as a top notch hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank ellen d

Ellen D
We are excited to hear that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations during your visit with us in Virginia Beach. We will share and celebrate your comments with our team. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Stayed two nights here recently during a business trip.
- easy access of the main highway - I-264.

Check-in was easy. Lobby is nice and clean as expected from a Westin.
Hotel has bar on premises, and several more locations are within a short walk.
YardHouse for Beers, Sonoma for Wines.

Room was good - except someone turned on the A/C, and the room was a bit frigid upon check-in. Changed the temps with easy, but seemed slow to gain heat as I left, came back and it had only gone up a few more degrees...not near where I had set it - 72. It was around 60.

Room was big and had everything needed - ironing board, iron, coffee pot, etc.
Bed was very comfortable and I appreciated the variety of pillow sizes and firmness.
Bathroom was clean - only issue was the sink drained very slowly.
Towel - soft and large enough
Alarm clock - actually worked
Parking - no fee lot (see note below)

Would recommend: Yes
Would stay at again: On trip to VA Beach - yes!

Recommendation: don't change the soap every day, esp if only used once. Put up "Water Conservation" signs. We all need to do our part.

Room Tip: Ask more details about the parking situation. The concierge told me how to get there, but didn't...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank COTraveller33

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at The Westin Virginia Beach Town Center. We’re delighted you enjoyed your stay and excited that others will take from your feedback what a truly wonderful hotel we have. Safe travels and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

This hotel is conveniently located right in the town center of virginia beach. There are many malls nearby where you shop and dine at. The amenities are new and clean. Service was excellent. Overall, it met the expectations of Westin brand... I would stay there again!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Jung K

Jung K
On behalf of the entire Westin team here in Virginia Beach, thank you for the positive comments you have shared. We are so pleased to hear about your wonderful stay with us and that we are your hotel of choice for the future! We look forward to serving you again soon.