“LOVE LOVE LOVE this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Misako - CLOSED

Misako
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Chinese
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: North Central
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“LOVE LOVE LOVE this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I just recently started eating sushi so I was kind of skeptical about trying new places. I live right behind Misako (which is DEFINITELY posing a problem --but in a good way:) so I thought I'd try it since it was close AND a buffet would provide a variety for a newbie such as myself! Well to my PLEASANT surprise I LOVED it!! Not only was I able to taste a variety of different rolls it actually tasted GREAT!! And as an added bonus they have different items on the buffet that my two boys were able to enjoy! My husband and I are addicted! We've gone so much the wonderfully kind staff knows us by name! I would recommend this place to anyone!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Denay222

“Best Sushi Buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

This is easily the best sushi buffet in Virginia Beach - especially for the price! They make the sushi in small batches so it's always fresh and you don't have to worry how long it's been sitting out. They also put the correct ingredients in the rolls (salmon when they're supposed to put salmon instead of substituting tuna like other sushi buffets I've been to) and all of the ingredients look and taste fresh. They also have a hot Asian food bar as part of the buffet and everything on that bar is delicious as well. My fiancee and I eat here at least once month and we enjoy the buffet and ordering rolls and taking them home and have never had a bad experience. On top of all that the staff is incredibly friendly and helpful!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Elizabeth G
Virginia Beach
“Our ABSOLUTE favorite sushi restaurant in VA Beach...hands down.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

My wife and I have enjoyed going to Misako for 6 years and enjoy their restaurant at least once a month. We originally began going for the lunch buffet and decided to try the dinner buffet and made a point to enjoy their food & hospitality monthly! The owners, chefs and waitresses make the meal a great one every visit. We've been so many times, the owner sits us in our favorite table and asks about our son (every time over 6 years). If you like or love sushi...don't go anywhere else!

• Visited July 2013
Bel Air, Maryland
“Concur with the many positive reviewers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

Arrived around 12:35 for the buffet. The wife was concerned that all the food would be gone by then. Not a problem. We were there over an hour - and during that time the sushi chef was constantly supplying fresh offerings. Similarly the dishes on the buffet bar were frequently replenished. The buffet runs till 2 PM, Sunday through Friday, so don't worry if you can't get there till 1:30 or so.
Wait staff very attentive. Tea cups refilled about 5 times. Empty plates disappeared very quickly.
No complaints about any of the sushi or buffet items. The latter only included about a dozen different things, but more than enough to meet our needs. Had about 4 platefuls myself just to be sure. Really loved the chicken wings.
If you have a sweet tooth, don't miss the freezer near the wall to the left of the of the buffet counter. Is stocked with Hershey's ice cream.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank airpizz6
“best sushi in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

This is one of my favorite sushi places. They have a REAL sushi buffet (for my husband and kids). I prefer the sashimi and ate it the entire time I was pregnant with my now 5 yr old daughter. The value is great. When my husband ordered carry out the only thing he ever had to say was "this is Scott" and they knew our order. This place is AWESOME!

Visited February 2012