“Gave it a second shot...now doubly disappointed”
Review of Zero's

Cuisines: Delicatessen, Fast food
Neighbourhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Neighbourhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Reviewed 18 April 2011

I orginally ate at the Zero's on Pacific and was really disappointed with the service and quality. It's attached to a bar and the sub shop portion only has about 3 or 4 tables to sit at. There were kids running in and out through the sub shop area to get into the bar area without shoes on...which disturbs me because it's a place where people eat, but it's a beach town, so I suppose...
It took about 20 minutes for us to get our subs. This is unacceptable because we were the only ones in the sub shop. (2 of us). And we just didn't feel it should take 20 minutes to prepare two subs. The subs we got were less than satisfactory, the bread wasn't soft, it was sloppy, generic...just nothing special. We said we'd never go again, it came to about $15 for two subs...we could have gone to Subway and got 2 foot longs for $10 and they would have been made fast and would have been a little more than just meat and cheese and plain hard white bread.
We got an Entertainment book and there was a coupon in it for buy one get one sub free at Zero's, we were going on a picnic and wanted to bring sub sandwiches so we thought OK...since we'd be getting one free, let's go ahead and give it another try, but we'll go to the one on First Colonial. We ordered 2 subs from the $5 footlong menu and a medium drink because the coupon advised we had to buy a medium drink. Well, the total came to $10. So we said, why is it $10, we should have gotten one for free right? And he said you did, we can't charge you the $5 price when you use a coupon. Well...could he not have told us this BEFOREHAND? I wouldn't have gotten a ham and cheese if I was going to be charged "full" price by using the coupon...I would have gotten a meatball sub or something much more worth the $7 for the sub. I thought it was poor service to not tell us about the price change because we were using a coupon, he saw us order with it and we told him about it before we even ordered. So anyway, same old hard bread and generic sub and with a BOGO coupon, it came to what we would have been charged WITHOUT a coupon at Subway.
Overall, gave it two shots and was disappointed twice. Would definitely recommend good old Subway and for a little extra would absolutely go to Firehouse Subs.

3  Thank ThePlacesWeWillGo