“People of all Ages Eat Here”

No Frill Bar & Grill
Ranked #25 of 1,414 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Minneapolis
“People of all Ages Eat Here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

We had dinner for five here and the menu took care of all of us. The food is good but not great. But it appeals to the masses as families with young kids, young couples, the elderly all find large portions and moderate prices. The service is very good and quick. However, the accoustics make conversation difficult. It is loud! Would I go again? Yes I would because my scallops were seared properly and served on a bed of coconut rice that was tasty. I reiterate, the restaurant appeals to the masses.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank duluthharold

Vermont
“Worth a visit.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

The name is certainly not representative of the product!
The interior is nicely decorated and the staff very pleasant, they run an an extremely slick and professional operation here. Portions are huge, the meatloaf was tasty but the size of a brick! The onion rings are definitely every bit as good as everyone else has said.I had the fish tacos which were good but my black beans we're bit dried out and half way through my meal I had to check with myself whether I was eating fish or chicken,which is why I have rated this place a 4 instead of a 5. Great atmosphere and service was fast. Can't beat the value for money.

• Visited November 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Good Food w/ Diner Setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

The No Frill Bar & Grill in Virginia Beach (in the Hilltop North shopping center) has good food in a laid back, diner atmosphere. Not fine dining (booths, old carpeting, etc.). But the food is good and hearty and plentiful (we always have leftovers!).

We've gone for lunch several times and went yesterday (Saturday) at 2pm. I had a REALLY good tuna melt sandwich (I got the bacon and tomato add-on for an extra $1). It was huge and I could barely eat half! My boyfriend got a club sandwich with onion rings (very good -- the fries aren't all that but the $3 upcharge for onion rings brings you a HUGE pile of onion rings (probably 15-20). They also have a bar and you can get beer, wine, etc. at very reasonable prices.

Overall: Good, casual diner food at reasonable prices in Virginia Beach.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank VirginiaGrad1998
Fairfax, Virginia
“Very Enjoyable Mean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Service is excellent, location is convenient, food is "VERY" good. I will definitely revisit every time I go to Virginia Beach, VA

• Visited October 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia
“This place is awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

Me my husband and daughter ate here while vacationing at the beach...Im a pretty picky person and this place was AMAZING..I got the fish and chips and it was the best ever. Our waitress was great too. The price was good. I would definately recommend this place..It's not what it seems, it looks like a diner on the outside but is really nice on the inside..Loved it!!

• Visited September 2013