Had lunch on Sunday with family at NF, but I've eaten here probably five times before this. The food and service are consistently good--something I can't say even about my most favorite restaurant (a steakhouse) in Virginia Beach. This place is always hopping, though generally you won't have to wait for a table except perhaps for Friday and Saturday night.
What we like:
1. Tower of onions: always crisp and light with a magnificent dipping sauce.
2. Good wine and beer selection.
3. On Sundays they serve brunch; a handful of wine coolers are discounted to $3.
4. Their cornbread tastes like the good, cakelike stuff I used to order at Marie Callendar's on the West Coast.
5. Chili in a cup is so good! Paired with the cornbread it's is just heavenly.
6. Shrimp and grits dinner is pricey, around $15, so I don't order it often. But it's done so elegantly and is such a wonderful combo of flavors and textures--be sure to try it.
What we don't like:
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.