“Consistently good”

Ranked #36 of 1,461 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Had lunch on Sunday with family at NF, but I've eaten here probably five times before this. The food and service are consistently good--something I can't say even about my most favorite restaurant (a steakhouse) in Virginia Beach. This place is always hopping, though generally you won't have to wait for a table except perhaps for Friday and Saturday night.

What we like:

1. Tower of onions: always crisp and light with a magnificent dipping sauce.
2. Good wine and beer selection.
3. On Sundays they serve brunch; a handful of wine coolers are discounted to $3.
4. Their cornbread tastes like the good, cakelike stuff I used to order at Marie Callendar's on the West Coast.
5. Chili in a cup is so good! Paired with the cornbread it's is just heavenly.
6. Shrimp and grits dinner is pricey, around $15, so I don't order it often. But it's done so elegantly and is such a wonderful combo of flavors and textures--be sure to try it.

What we don't like:

1. Nothing.

1  Thank Ginny000

Reviewed 6 July 2014

we came down to Norfolk with friends and ended up here for dinner.....nice atmosphere, very friendly servers; excellent food....had the BEST grilled portabella mushroom salad with orange ginger dressing and HUGE portions.......friend got the seseme shrimp which is her fav as she goes there often with her husband...........the dessert which we took home was outstanding, a chocolate amaretto dense cake thing - fabulous and the coconut 6 layer cake; huge portions, the four of us shared 2 desserts........LOVE this place and will return when in town YOU should go.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Ate here for lunch last time we were at VA Beach and liked it well enough to come back for lunch on our way out of town very next day. Had salads both days so I can't speak to much of the menu but I can tell you the Classic Greek Salad, the Classic Greek Salad with grilled chicken and the Teriyaki Tuna with Sesame (salad) all were terrific. Now a classic Greek restaurant might quibble on whether the CGS was clasically Greek, but it was prepared with the freshest of ingredients, attractively chopped, dressed and plated and it tasted great. The teriyaki tuna must have had 3/4 lb. of tuna on top of interesting greens with a very tasty dressing. Service was pleasant and attentive both days. I saw other dishes passing by and they looked mighty good. Portions are LARGE. The slogan is "Great, big food" and that seems to be what they serve. Decor is attractive, especially for something that looks like a diner from the outside, plunked down in the middle of a busy shopping center parking lot. If you're looking for a fab salad for lunch, try it.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I was shocked when I walked inside because it was beautiful. The food is a little expensive but AWESOME!! If I was a local, I would want to eat here all the time! They also had a great selection of gluten free foods!

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ate here and the selections were ok.
The food was average in my opinion. Nothing spectacular at all.
We decided not to return.