“Great local coffee shop”
Review of Bad Ass Coffee Co

Bad Ass Coffee Co
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great local coffee shop”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Very good coffee and great breakfast food.
Good pastries and a Hawaiian theme to boot.
Skip Starbucks. Go here.

Visited May 2014

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Excellent 100% Kona Coffee”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I'm sure there are those that enjoy filling their cup with cream and sugar and a variety of additional flavors and calling it 'coffee.' Trust me, BA Coffee, doesn't need it (BA because Trip Advisor doesn't like profanity). Each to their own - life is too short to drink bad coffee (or whisky, or wine ...but I digress) and BA Coffee does a good job.

From what my girlfriend says, their macciatto-latte-whatever coffee drink is also excellent. I'll stick with my cup of dark roast (black), thank you.

Great coffee and the atmosphere is what you would expect of a coffee house. Hipsters, surfer dudes, business folks, you name it - they all stop by. If your visiting, take the time to stop by. If you live at the Oceanfront and you haven't stopped by, you're missing out.

BA Coffee opens early and their service is usually fairly quick - you can be in and out in less than five minutes if you're jonesing for a cup before heading into work. Or, if you'd like to stay and enjoy a muffin or coffee cake, you can do that. Either choice is good.

• Visited May 2014
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Great coffee, terrible attitude”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I have favorably reviewed BA coffee in the past. BUT, the past two visits have been exceedingly disappointing. The staff (you all aren't that cool!) thinks they are doing you a favor by simply pouring a cup of coffee. Get over yourselves and smile and thank me for making a purchase. And please don't ignore me as I wait patiently for you to acknowledge a paying customer! I'll honestly return for the coffee, but I will be pleasantly surprised if the paid staff is a just a little more courteous. What a waste of a potentially perfect experience. So disappointed.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank William F
baddonkey, Owner at Bad Ass Coffee Co, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Hello William,
Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your experience. I am so sorry you were disappointed in the service you received from my staff. We exist because of our customers and the staff is trained to understand this important fact. There is no excuse for this and I will speak to them immediately.
I hope that you will return to the shop and continue to be our customer.
Milene
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
“Volcanic Roast”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

A cozy coffee place to just relax with a great cup of JOE, good eats, and all types of wraps to nibble on.

Visited February 2014
Staten Island, New York
“A pleasant, cozy experience”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

The Kona coffee was well-brewed by attentive baristas. The place was cozy-cute. We even bought a pound of beans to brew at home.

• Visited December 2013