“Hurried service, mediocre food”

Belvedere Coffee Shop
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: For over forty years The Belvedere Coffee Shop has been a landmark on the Oceanfront in Virginia Beach. In the best tradition of mid twentieth century Diners, we cater to our local crowd year 'round and to our Hotel Guests in the spring, summer and fall. Whether you try the Eye Opener, the Belvedere Omelette or our #1 rated Biscuits & Gravy for breakfast, or the Patty Melt, a Cheeseburger & fries, or the Crab Sandwich for lunch, you're sure to become a fan for life.
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Based on the average rating, I entered with high expectations and left disappointed. Food was nothing special and prices were not great. My wife's cheese omelet made it difficult to find the cheese and my bacon and egg sandwhich was greasy and hard to hold.

There are newer reviews for Belvedere Coffee Shop

Reviewed 1 October 2013

The welcome is cool at best, the coffee is bad at best and the service just isn't the best. You can't make any substitutions but they're happy to tack sides on your order. They at least did me the courtesy of asking how I liked my steak cook before I was served a well done steak. The view is great but the place is cramped.

Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

We hit the Belvedere Coffee Shop again and it still has great atmosphere and the best view on the beach. The staff are the friendliest around and it is clearly a favorite of locals as everyone seems to know everyone. The most popular lunches are the breakfasts as the chefs are preparing eggs and pancakes constantly, and I have often heard the pancakes described as the best anywhere. When kids order pancakes they come with added Mickey Mouse ears and big smiles. We love this place and will continue to come here whenever we are in Virginia Beach. We travel a lot, but I guess this makes us regulars too.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Excellent reuben and cuban sandwiches! The cafe is always busy for breakfast, so we opted for a late lunch, and it was great!

1  Thank dbishop89
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Stayed at a large hotel very close by and since this was rated in the Top 15 restaurants in the whole area we had to try it. Our party of 4 had breakfast and honestly it was just average. Nothing to get excited about and certainly if this is one of the Top 15 restaurants in the entire VA Beach area, this town is in trouble. Since it is called a "Coffee Shop" you should not have anything more in mind. Extremely tight seating in a booth, edge of table was in your gut, had no room to move. Portions seemed small but price was moderate, so I guess it averaged out. If you want a fast diner experience, this is what you will get. Kind of friendly wait staff and average food offerings. We won't be going back.