“Tiny Diamond”

Ranked #38 of 1,465 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: For over forty years The Belvedere Coffee Shop has been a landmark on the Oceanfront in Virginia Beach. In the best tradition of mid twentieth century Diners, we cater to our local crowd year 'round and to our Hotel Guests in the spring, summer and fall. Whether you try the Eye Opener, the Belvedere Omelette or our #1 rated Biscuits & Gravy for breakfast, or the Patty Melt, a Cheeseburger & fries, or the Crab Sandwich for lunch, you're sure to become a fan for life.
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed a few blocks away. While my kids were scooting diwn the boardwalk we saw this tiny gem. Tiny in size but big on service and yummy food! Great view and great value. We had chowder, pancakes with bacon and onion rings. . I know what a combination but plenty for 3 and delicious! ! The staff was awesome and very attentive. Will def visit again our next trip to VA Bch.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Wonderful for visiting foreigners wanting the true, unhealthy American breakfast experience. We loved it and were there for both mornings of our stay in Virginia Beach. Sure the coffee isn't great but tell me where it is with breakfast in the USA. Good people working there and sitting at the counter watching all the breakfast orders being prepared was just fine for us.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Based on the average rating, I entered with high expectations and left disappointed. Food was nothing special and prices were not great. My wife's cheese omelet made it difficult to find the cheese and my bacon and egg sandwhich was greasy and hard to hold.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

The welcome is cool at best, the coffee is bad at best and the service just isn't the best. You can't make any substitutions but they're happy to tack sides on your order. They at least did me the courtesy of asking how I liked my steak cook before I was served a well done steak. The view is great but the place is cramped.

Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

We hit the Belvedere Coffee Shop again and it still has great atmosphere and the best view on the beach. The staff are the friendliest around and it is clearly a favorite of locals as everyone seems to know everyone. The most popular lunches are the breakfasts as the chefs are preparing eggs and pancakes constantly, and I have often heard the pancakes described as the best anywhere. When kids order pancakes they come with added Mickey Mouse ears and big smiles. We love this place and will continue to come here whenever we are in Virginia Beach. We travel a lot, but I guess this makes us regulars too.