“Poor Service”

Price range: US$7 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Margie and Ray’s Restaurant was established in 1964 as a small country store and tackle shop which was owned and operated by Ray and Margie Blanton. This landmark building located on a dirt road, now known as Sandbridge Road, served as a convenience for local Sandbridge residents. The store was passed on to their son Thomas in 1997 where it was renovated into a small seafood restaurant. Over the past several years Margie and Ray’s has become known as one of the top seafood establishments in the southern end of Virginia Beach. It continues to be operated by Thomas Blanton.
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We stopped here after a day at the beach, around 7:30pm. It was steady, but not ridiculously crowded. While we were waiting for our table, we were going to sit out on the porch and have a drink. My husband stood at the bar for about 10 min and no one even acknowledged him, but as soon as he gave up and came back out to the porch, they called us for our table, so we didn't fret too much. The hostess sat us down with our menus and we waited for our waitress...and waited and waited. MANY servers walked by us but not one even looked at us. After 20 min, my husband was pretty frustrated and ready to leave. I saw a server coming back who had been waiting on the table next to ours and I told him to wait a few more minutes, because I thought she was coming to ours next. However, she walked by us 4 more times without a glance. I certainly understand that it can be hectic and busy in a restaurant, as I used to be a server myself. I think I am pretty patient and give extra grace to them, because I understand how crazy it can be. However, not once did anyone even acknowledge we were there! It would have gone long way to stop and say, "I am so sorry--we will be right with you!" So we did end up leaving. I was really looking forward to trying the she crab soup everyone was talking about, but unfortunately we never got the chance. (We ended up at Primo Pizza on Upton Dr., and had an amazing experience! See my review!).

4  Thank JoyfulK

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

The soup is excellent, everything else that our group tried not so much. So if you are wanting a bowl of she crab soup..hands down one of the best!

1  Thank hokeyslady
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Not only is it the Best She Crab Soup I have ever eaten EVERYTHING else is good too. I Love going there for breakfast too. Great prices, great service and great atmosphere. Love this place and cant say enough good things about it.

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Every type of crab I asked about was not fresh but frozen. Did not get very good service. This was or second visit and the first was about the same.. Not very good service and mediocre food. We won't be going again.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The best Shea crab soup in town. Owner operated since decades ago . Locals love it. The prices are reasonable for the home quality of the food . The service is very good and even if they do not suggest the amount of the tip , you want to reward a job well done. Very casual . Close to the quiet beach of Sandbridge. Love it every time we go. Nice for mornings, lunch or dinner. Kids friendly, golden age friendly. A piece of history of Sandbridge. It is a go, go, go....enjoy!