Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport
Ranked #19 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 3 October 2011

My family, two kids and two dogs and my husband and I, moved to the Homewood Suites after a much too long stay at the Residence Inn in Chesapeake. We couldn't handle the mediocre living situation at the RI, and checked into Homewood with a week left until our house was ready. How we wish we had checked into it 48 days prior! The staff is INCREDIBLE. Tiffany, on the housekeeping staff and also works with breakfast every morning, went out of her way to make sure my children were happy whenever she saw us. She is FABULOUS! The front desk staff was wonderful and very helpful in showing us where to go when we had questions about restaurants, things to do, etc. The room was impeccably neat and quiet even though we were located right next to the pool and fitness area. The hotel was consistently clean and the breakfasts and complimentary dinners were wonderful! I highly recommend this to anyone traveling with or without pets, and especially if you are PCSing into the area or here for business. It is an amazing hotel and it will be our go to hotel for family and friends in the area. Oh, and my husband and I decided that we have only slept on one other bed more comfortable than these, and that was on the brand new Disney Dream cruise ship! The beds are warm and cozy and extremely comfortable! Thank you Homewood Suites!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
homewoodvabeach, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2011

Hello,
Thank you so much for the FANTASTIC review! I am so glad you were able to stay with us, even though it was a short time. I will share your review with my staff in our morning meeting. You have no idea how much this will mean to them. Best of luck with your home. Please keep our brand in mind when traveling in the future. We really appreciate your business.
Meredith Alexander Brinkley

Reviewed 3 October 2011

Very nice room with great amenities. The only drawback was that the bed was too firm for my taste. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
Breakfasts were good with a fair selection of items. Good coffee. Very pleasant and comfortable environment in the lobby area. Pool area is clean and the workout room adequate.

• Stayed: September 2011

Hello,
Thank you for taking time to review the Homewood Suites Virginia Beach! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you will give us another try if your travel needs bring you back to the Hampton Roads area. We really appreciate your business.
Meredith Alexander Brinkley

Reviewed 14 September 2011

Feels just like home and welcoming with a great service of breakfast every Morning.

• Stayed: September 2011
homewoodvabeach, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2011

Hello,
Thank you so much for reviewing the Homewood Suites Virginia Beach! We appreciate your kind words and we hope to welcome you again soon.
Meredith Brinkley

Reviewed 23 August 2011

We stayed here recently during a visit to the area to visit family. My wife and kids and my mother all stayed in two rooms/suites at the hotel. The rooms were nice and clean. The breakfast buffet is excellent, and the kids LOVED the pool and there's even a putting green.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank cramereast
homewoodvabeach, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2011

Hello,
Thank you for the great review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Homewood Suites Virginia Beach. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 August 2011

My family and I were visiting this area for the first time and only had a couple of days to stay. We were planning on heading to the beach and really didn't want to take a chance on a hotel on the boardwalk that we hadn't visited before (as well as pay the outrageous prices).

We chose this property based on the TripAdvisor reviews and we not disappointed. The staff was very helpful and always had a smile. The room was clean and very comfortable. The full sized refrigerator and kitchenette were also very clean and convienent. Beds were comfortable and sheeted nicely. There were a few small items in the bathroom, but nothing worth mentioning.

The location of the hotel was a mere 10 minutes from the beach and very convienent to shopping and a few restaurants although you really didn't need to go as the breakfasts and light dinners were of very good quality. They really did a nice job keeping them stocked and the area clean (even though they were very busy).

We would definately consider staying again if we find ourselves back in the Virginia Beach area. Great hotel, excellent value.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Kinni-kids
homewoodvabeach, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2011

Hello,
Thank you for the great review! It really means alot to us. I hope you will visit us again next summer.

Reviewed 9 August 2011

I booked on line on the day I wanted to arrive, made a mistake in ordering non smoking room. I called the hotel directly..no problem the representative was courteous and assured me we had a non smoking room. We arrived late that evening, tired from work and 4 hour drive, however we were energized after checking in and seeing just how wonderful this place is....WOW clean, cozy, friendlines of the staff, Meredith whom was on duty the next day suggested Lynhaven restaurant for dinner ...cudos to Meredith... The bed was awesome, slept like a baby. This was our anniversary, my wife was sooo impressed (that ain't easy) it made for a wonderful stay. We had a 10 minute drive to the beach which was no problem as you are right down the road from 264. The area had all amenities we desired within a little walk or drive. Before booking I read the reviews and all were great, now I see why, We went for the weekend and ended up staying over one more day which was no problem with arrrangements in doing all of this on the spur of the moment. Couldn't beat the price for all of this." Thank You Homewood suites"

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor and it was quiet and relaxing as we wanted.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank herbydd
homewoodvabeach, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2011

Hello,
I really appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review for the Homewood Suites Virginia Beach. I am glad your wife was satisfied! My staff will enjoy reading your comments. I hope you will return to us again. Please call me at 757-552-0080 ext. 2001 if I can assist you in any way. Again, thank you!

Reviewed 8 August 2011

We stayed with our two small children in the one bedroom suite. Everything was new and clean. The kitchen had a sink with a garbage displosal, a full size microwave, fridge, and dishwasher. A kitchen table and a two burner glass top stove (no oven). The living room and the bedroom both had it's own 37 in LCD TV (regular cable). The channel options were very good. I've never seen a hotel with that many channels before! The hotel provided dish soap and dishwasher soap, paper towels, Nutrigena bath ammenities, makeup remover wipes, and a little packette of q-tips and cotton pads. The breakfast was great! Eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, danishes, waffle mix and two waffle irons( the waffles were sooooo good! They had the dinner Mon thru Thurs with dollar beers and wine glasses. The little store by the front desk has snacks, drinks, ammenities, also a couple different kinds of beer. There is no bar, that's the only thing that was missing at this hotel. There is an indoor pool, wich was a little warm and chlorinated. I don't know hat a normal chlorine percentage is, but to me it seemed a little high. The hot tub was nice sized and relaxing. The staff was the most friendly staff ever. Every employee in the hotel was very friendly all the time. Housekeeping did a wonderful job while we were away at the beach. That service is available whenever, not just when they pass by your room like at some other places. Our only regret is that it was a little far away from the beach. Although the trip to the beach is actually very easy. The highway is right near the hotel and it takes you straight into the beach area. Very easy ten minute trip. The hotel was very quiet. We never heard anything from the neighboring rooms (upstairs or next to us). The rooms must be soundproofed. Anyway, everything was great and they made us feel at home the whole time. Too bad your trip always has to end!!

Room Tip: The 1 king bed bedroom suite has a shower only. They told me that the 2 bed suite has a tub combo.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Hello,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write. Your WONDERFUL review means alot to our team. I am so glad you had a good experience with us. I hope you will come to visit us again next summer. Please call me directly and I will be happy to handle your reservation personally. My contact number is 757-552-0080 Ext. 2001. Thanks again and have a great summer,
Meredith Brinkley