“Excellent, new hotel”

Ranked #18 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Jacksonville, Florida
“Excellent, new hotel”
Reviewed 22 December 2011

This hotel is a great location if you have business in both downtown Norfolk and Town Center in Virginia Beach. You're just off of Newtown Rd on I-264 and you're tucked back with a couple other hotels and a business center.
The breakfast was fairly good, sausage patties, eggs, potatoes, oatmeal, and a good selection of bread/pastries, yogurts, cereal and fruit. Not as good as the breakfasts I've had in other Homewood Suites but it's good enough.
They also have a free Manager's dinner for guests on Monday through Thursday from 5:00-7:00. I didn't get a chance to have any but it sounded good...pulled pork and bread with vegetables and $1 beer or wine.
The room itself was amazing. King size bed and a large LCD tv. You have a functional kitchen with a microwave, full-size fridge, 2 burners, sink and the place is stocked with pots, pans, dinnerware and silverware if you want to make dinner there. There's also a dining table, couch, desk and free wired or wireless internet.
Everything was clean and the staff was very friendly. I'd go back in a heartbeat. Definitely the nicest place I've ever staying in Hampton Roads.

Room Tip: if traveling on government business ask for that rate. great place to stay
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
homewoodvabeach, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 9 January 2012
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of the Homewood Suites Hilton Virginia Beach! We really appreciate your business and we look forward to welcoming you "home" again soon. If I can assist you in any way, please contact me directly at 757-552-0080 ext. 2001.
Meredith Alexander Brinkley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Homewood Suites, Virginia Beach is my home away from home. I really enjoy staying in this hotel anytinme I am in Virginia Beach because of the great treatment I receive from the super staff. And best of all is the free brealfast everyday and the welcome dinner from monday to thursday. The amenities are great too. Large dining facility, a business room with compouters and printers, fully equipped gym,and indoor heated swimming pool. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, rooms closes to the elevators might not be for you.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
homewoodvabeach, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
Hi Joe,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Virginia Beach. We really appreciate your repeat business and look forward to seeing you again!
Meredith Brinkley
Agana, Mariana Islands
Reviewed 3 November 2011

My husband and I chose the Homewood Suites VB to be our last home in the US before we moved to Guam. The hotel is phenomenal--it has everything and anything that we needed and truly felt like home. The breakfasts in the morning were always on time and fresh (great waffles) and the coffee was always ready. Dinners were delicious and we never had to worry about where we would eat.

The staff was always courteous and genuine, they made our stay so much easier. We had a small suite that was just perfect, housekeeping kept everything nice and tidy and it was quite nice to say that the HS VB was "home" for us. Did I mention they are "military friendly"...we love hotels that appreciate the military (dual military couple)!!

Great hotel and they will be seeing us again in the future!

Room Tip: I highly recommend the suites, the option of lounging in a living room or making a snack in the kitc...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank navypink21
Hello,
Thank you for the wonderful review! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are huge supporters of the military and we appreciate all you do. We hope you will stay with us again if your travel needs bring you back to the area.

Meredith Brinkley
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I travel from San Diego to teach a class for the Navy, I must say that this is my home away from home. The employees of Homewood Suites try to very hard make your stay outstanding when you are there, for me there is realy no outher place to stay when in Virginia Beach. The people that work there make life easy when living there. They all go out of there way to help. THE BEST

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
homewoodvabeach, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 2 November 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Virginia Beach. Your review means alot to our team! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Five Star's ***** Since the hotel opened in 2008, I have spent around two to four month out of the year at the Homewood Suites in Virginia Beach. It is my Home away from Home. The Hotel is clean and well maintained, but the staff is the Jewel of the hotel. From the upper management, guest care personnel, cleaning & food service staff, as well as the maintenance crew, each and every one of them are highly trained, professional and courteous. They always ensure the guest are taken care of, and do their very best to make them comfortable. I have enjoyed all my stays at the Homewood, and look forward to my next stay. I highly recommend this Hotel...for business as well as family vacations! SS :0)

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Hello Sakosan!
Thank you for your wonderful review. Our team really enjoys having you here and we really appreciate your business! We hope to see you again soon:)
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I love this place. I have racked up over 50 nights in this hotel. Great rooms. Ggreat quality. Great amenities. Decent Supper. Good Breakfast. Comfy Beds with Plenty of pillows. Parking is average and the Elevators are slooooooowwwww. Any negatives are easily forgivable. Friendly and accommodating Staff. This is almost a second home for me.

Room Tip: There are two room options. If you have kids travelling with you, get the room with the wall between...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Hello Stuart P!
Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Virginia Beach. I am glad to hear you enjoy our hotel and staff. We look forward to welcoming you "home" again soon.
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I travel to Virginia and always stay here. The staff is always friendly and accommodating. The facilities are great and you're close to everything. Can't beat this hotel. A must stay!

• Stayed October 2011
Hello,
Thanks for the review of the Homewood Suites Virginia Beach. I am so happy you feel our staff and services are outstanding!!! Please let me know if you need anything while you are here. We really appreciate your business!