Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport
Ranked #20 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My overall stay was great. I did not care for the breakfast service, and my remote control in my room did not work well. I beleive I left my Ipod behind, but no one called me regarding this. the bed was very comfortable and the entire room was quiet and clean!!! Very Enjoyable Stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Natasha F
Homewood_VB, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Hilton Virginia Beach. I am glad you were able to enjoy our spacious suites along with our other great amenities. I'm sorry you did not care for our breakfast and there was an issue with your remote. In regards to your iPod, have you contacted the hotel to see if we have it in our lost and found? If not, please contact the hotel directly and speak with the Housekeeping Manager and she will be happy to assist you. We hope to see you again in the future. Again, thank you for your nice review! We appreciate your business and loyalty.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

This is a very nice hotel. It looks new, is very clean and the staff is very friendly. It is easy access from the interstate but there is no traffic noise. Homewoods Suites is a good brand and this hotel meets all the standards of the brand.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Hilton Virginia Beach. I am glad you were able to enjoy our spacious suites and complimentary breakfast along with our other great amenities. We hope to see you again in the future. Again, thank you for your wonderful review! We appreciate your business and loyalty.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I thought the room was clean. The bedroom was neat. Everything smelled clean. The bathroom area was sufficient. Liked the setup of the kitchen/living room. Very quiet. Breakfast was good and fresh. Pool ok, not great, but not what I went for.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Hilton Virginia Beach. I am glad you were able to enjoy our spacious suites and complimentary breakfast along with our other great amenities. We hope to see you again in the future. Again, thank you for taking time out of your day to offer such a fantastic review! We appreciate your business and loyalty!!

Reviewed 12 July 2013

I understand that it was a busy weekend; we stayed there for the 4th weekend.
But really, you would expect to be ready and have more staff, for one of the busiest weekend by the beach area... there was only one guy at the front, struggling to take all the calls and requests, and one guy for amenities etc.

Check in was easy, but not very welcoming. Nothing said or done, but couldn't feel that welcoming effect, not even a fake one.

Room was up to date and nice, spacious. Kitchen clean as well.

2nd day, when we returned from the beach, hit the shower, and realized that our towels were taken, but not replaced!!!
I called the front, explained the situation. Waited for a while, no towels. Had to call several times to get answered, but still no resolution except complaining that everyone is requesting stuff and that they are short staffed, only one guy running around!!
I offered to come down to get it, but was told that would not work either.

All this, and not a single apology.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Homewood_VB, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Hilton Virginia Beach. I am glad you were able to enjoy our property and amenities we offer. I am sorry to hear about your housekeeping issues and will address those problems with our team. I am also very sorry to hear no one apologized to you, on behalf of our entire team I am truly sorry for your issues that you experienced. I do appreciate you taking time to review our property. We hope to see you again in the future and have the opportunity to make a better impression on you. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We checked in over July 4th weekend. This hotel was cheaper than most but was approx 20 minutes from the beach. The address says Virginia Beach but the restaurant across the street is in Norfolk. This hotel is right on the border of the 2 towns.

Check in was smooth and the room was very nice. Large king bed. Very clean kitchen area. If we were staying longer we would have taken advantage of the kitchen and made some meals in the room but since it was only a weekend trip we ate out.
There were 2 elevators but the one by the lobby was used the most. I don't think most of the guests realized there was another and I tried to use it as much as possible. The pool was clean and stocked with towels. There was a spa tub but i did not use it.
I used the exercise room once. There is 1 recumbent cycle, 2 treadmills and 2 elliptical machines. the room has a large screen TV and each of the machines has its own small TV screen where you can listen via headphones. They also have a selection of dumbbells and a workout bench. there is a water fountain and towels to clean the equipment after you are done.

The front desk has a nice supply of wine, beer and other sundries if you dont feel like heading out to a store. I picked up a nice bottle of 7 Deadly Zins Zinfandel for $18(not too much more than I would pay in a liquor store at home) and a bottle of Sam Adams Lager for $3(cheaper than you will get it at most bars!!)
Breakfast was hot and always stocked but got crowded in the serving area. Get there early, grab your food and get on with your day before the crowds descend and clog up the place. If you stay during the week, they also provide complimentary dinner Mon-Thurs. We arrived Fri and left Sun so we didn't have the opportunity to try it.

Overall I enjoyed my stay there and wish I would have been able to stay longer and take advantage of the location- even though it is 20 minutes from the beach it is also close to many attractions in Norfolk too.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank linkshiker
homewoodvabeach, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Hilton Virginia Beach. I am glad you were able to enjoy our spacious suites and complimentary breakfast along with our other great amenities. We hope to see you again in the future. Again, thank you for your fantastic review! We appreciate your business and loyalty.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Extended stay property at which I only stayed one night, so didn’t take full advantage of all features. Rooms are large, with separate bedroom – a DVD player is included. Well equipped kitchen. Merely adequate breakfast buffet (a few hot items, fruit, cereal, breads, etc.) included in price. Has a guest laundry. Decent size fitness room with new equipment and a decent size swimming pool. Has a billiards table and a small putting green, which are nice touches. Location is in a non-descript office park and doesn’t appear to be in the best area, but is OK and provides easy access to I-64/I-264.
Staff were merely so-so; less enthusiastic than usually found at sister Hilton properties Hampton and Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Hilton Virginia Beach. I am glad you were able to enjoy our spacious suites and complimentary meals. I am sorry you did not have a more upbeat experience with our staff and will share your comments with our team. We hope to see you again in the future. Again, thank you for your review! We appreciate your business and loyalty.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

This place seems to try but is continually heading in the wrong direction. Everything from the cleaning to the food is at best half hearted. Staying there for business purposes my work schedule was 7AM to 5PM and returned to my untouched room (weekdays) on at least 5 occasions. After work I would like to relax but interrupted by a knock at the door asking if I need service is not my idea of relaxing. The food is another matter .. do not believe the menu posted in your room. I guess there was an attempt to follow it but I never did find the “Caesar salad with dressing” served they did have packaged Caesar dressing to go on the iceberg lettuce which often times had more brown leaves than green. I know they mop the floors, but they must mix in glue because the rubber soles of my shoes were constantly sticking! And the elevator .. bring your lunch, they have two but seems when the staff is cleaning they only have one half!
Nope .. don’t think I’ll stay here again.

Room Tip: A better room can be found at the Airport Hampton !
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
homewoodvabeach, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of the Homewood Suites Virginia Beach! On behalf of our team I would like to personally apologize for your issues that you encountered while staying with us regarding housekeeping service as well as our dinner selection. I will certainly address this with our team so that it does not happen again in the future. I would like an opportunity to correct this matter with you, please contact me directly at the property. I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future! We appreciate your business.

Sandi Stowers, Director of Sales