I am a very frequent traveler and have been a HHonors member for many years. I have already spent over 150 nights in hotels this year alone. Hilton properties have been my first choice whenever possible, and I prefer Homewood Suites when it is available. This experience changed that I would not ever return to this property. The first room I was sent to upon check in was occupied by someone watching TV. The front desk apologized and told me it was a maintenance worker and sent me to another room. Ok, this isn't a huge deal but it was uncomfortable and after that I would have appreciated someone walking upstairs to personally check on an available room for me. I checked in on Wednesday and my room was cleaned on Thursday. On Friday the beds were made but the bathroom was not cleaned and the pile of towels were left lying on the floor instead of being replaced. My room was not cleaned on Saturday at all and I came home late Saturday evening to find the same pile of towels on the floor from Friday morning. On Sunday morning I notified the front desk that I had not had service in my room and that I needed towels and toilet paper as soon as possible. After waiting for 30 minutes, I was able to find a cart in the hallway with some towels and I took some of those so that we could shower. I also returned to the front desk and asked if they could just give me some toilet paper to take back to my room. The front desk associate promised to have it delivered immediately to my room. I returned and waited an additional 20 minutes without being contacted. Eventually I had to go to the public bathroom in the lobby and take an unopened roll of toilet paper back to my room. The bathroom in my suite was not in good condition. There was a large hole in the tile of the shower wall, the shower handle was leaking water rapidly enough to be audible in the bedroom and splattering all around the shower area. There was also a large clump of hair stuck to the wall of the shower. Maintenance did come by and repair the leak, only to have it start again the next day. Finally, the food at breakfast was not good. The eggs were nearly inedible and items were slow to be replaced. It was bad enough that I didn't even attempt to eat the available dinner. I have always enjoyed the food at the other Homewood Suites properties I have visited in the past. With hundreds of nights spent in hotels, I think this is the first time I have ever put a review online. The experience certainly stood out for me, unfortunately it was not in a good way. I hope others have better experiences but I will not be returning to this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Homewood Suites by Hilton® Norfolk/Virginia Beach hotel, located just 6 miles from the Norfolk International Airport (ORF). Our hotel in Virginia Beach offers both vacationers and extended stay guests the ideal place to stay when visiting Virginia Beach or Norfolk. Our spacious studio, one- and/or two-bedroom suites feature separate living and sleeping areas. Each has a fully-equipped kitchen with full-size refrigerator, microwave, 2-burner stove and dishwasher. You’ll find enough space for work, study or entertaining – plus all the comforts of home including two remote control TVs, complimentary high speed internet access, and two phones with voice mail. Enjoy a complimentary Suite Start® hot breakfast seven days a week and a Welcome Home Reception® featuring a complimentary light meal and beverages Monday through Thursday evenings (local laws apply). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Virginia Beach Hotel Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Homewood Suites