Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport
Ranked #20 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
San Diego, California
“Home Sweet Home”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

The Hotel is top notch, quality and comfort! The Staff is professional and courteous! I spend a lot of time here on business and it is my home away from home! They will go out of there way to accommodate your needs. Thanx again Homewood Suites! SS :0)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Homewood_VB, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Hilton, Virginia Beach. I am so thrilled to hear that you were able to enjoy our spacious suites and complimentary breakfast along with our other great amenities. We are excited to be your choice hotel when you are in the area and look forward to hosting you in the future. Again, thank you for your outstanding review! We appreciate your business and loyalty!!

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Polish first
Yorktown, United States
Reviewed 23 August 2013

A very clean, quiet place to stay while visiting a family member in the area. The only problem was that a delivery truck was late the one morning we ate breakfast and the breakfast served was very skimpy. We did not eat there any other times. Otherwise it was a pleasent stay.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Homewood_VB, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Hilton Virginia Beach. I am glad you were able to enjoy our spacious suites and complimentary breakfast along with our other great amenities. I do apologize that some items were not available due to a delayed delivery. We hope to see you again in the future. Again, thank you for taking time out of your day to offer such a fantastic review! We appreciate your business and loyalty!!

virginia beach, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2013

For the price of the room I feel their should have not been hair all in the shower and the shower head should have been working properly. I had to bleach down my bathroom because front desk stated that the hotel was booked for the night so there were no other rooms. I also removed the bed spread & applied extra sheets to the bed for the night. I just really felt dirty after a horrible shower and dirt linens on the bed.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Rachel M
Homewood_VB, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Hilton Virginia Beach. I am sorry to hear about your housekeeping issues and will address those problems with our team. If you would like to discuss your issues further, please feel free to contact the hotel directly and we will be happy to attempt to resolve your negative experience. I do appreciate you taking time to review our property. We hope to see you again in the future and have the opportunity to make a better impression on you. We appreciate your business.

Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I'll never stay this hotel again. Please do not stay this hotel. 1.not good for family staying. 2.dish machine is not working. at least they should have been gotten some hilton points as they promised, if refund is not feasible. it was just a lip service.

1 Thank Seokki K
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Hilton Virginia Beach. I am sorry to hear about your issues with your dishwasher. In regards to your Hilton Honors points we did submit a credit for your account, but it does take up to 10 business days for those to post. If for some reason you have not received the additional points by the end of August, please call the hotel directly and we will be happy to investigate the matter. I do appreciate you taking time to review our property. We hope to see you again in the future and have the opportunity to make a better impression on you. We appreciate your business.

Bethesda, MD, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I am a very frequent traveler and have been a HHonors member for many years. I have already spent over 150 nights in hotels this year alone. Hilton properties have been my first choice whenever possible, and I prefer Homewood Suites when it is available. This experience changed that I would not ever return to this property. The first room I was sent to upon check in was occupied by someone watching TV. The front desk apologized and told me it was a maintenance worker and sent me to another room. Ok, this isn't a huge deal but it was uncomfortable and after that I would have appreciated someone walking upstairs to personally check on an available room for me. I checked in on Wednesday and my room was cleaned on Thursday. On Friday the beds were made but the bathroom was not cleaned and the pile of towels were left lying on the floor instead of being replaced. My room was not cleaned on Saturday at all and I came home late Saturday evening to find the same pile of towels on the floor from Friday morning. On Sunday morning I notified the front desk that I had not had service in my room and that I needed towels and toilet paper as soon as possible. After waiting for 30 minutes, I was able to find a cart in the hallway with some towels and I took some of those so that we could shower. I also returned to the front desk and asked if they could just give me some toilet paper to take back to my room. The front desk associate promised to have it delivered immediately to my room. I returned and waited an additional 20 minutes without being contacted. Eventually I had to go to the public bathroom in the lobby and take an unopened roll of toilet paper back to my room. The bathroom in my suite was not in good condition. There was a large hole in the tile of the shower wall, the shower handle was leaking water rapidly enough to be audible in the bedroom and splattering all around the shower area. There was also a large clump of hair stuck to the wall of the shower. Maintenance did come by and repair the leak, only to have it start again the next day. Finally, the food at breakfast was not good. The eggs were nearly inedible and items were slow to be replaced. It was bad enough that I didn't even attempt to eat the available dinner. I have always enjoyed the food at the other Homewood Suites properties I have visited in the past. With hundreds of nights spent in hotels, I think this is the first time I have ever put a review online. The experience certainly stood out for me, unfortunately it was not in a good way. I hope others have better experiences but I will not be returning to this property.

1 Thank Jacob H
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Hilton Virginia Beach. On behalf of our entire staff, I am terribly sorry for the experience you had while staying with us recently. I have already discussed your issues with our team in order to ensure this does not happen again to future guests. If you would like to discuss your issues further, please feel free to contact the hotel directly and we will be happy to attempt to resolve your negative experience. I do appreciate you taking time to review our property. We hope to see you again in the future and have the opportunity to make a better impression on you. We appreciate your business.

Philadelphia, United States
Reviewed 7 August 2013

The hotel was very clean, great amenities for the price, and 10-12 minutes from the beach and all types of restaurants. The king suite was big enough for me and my wife with a pullout sofa for the kids. The staff was very kind and the free breakfast was not bad. They have a pool and putting green for some on site fun and an laundry and exercise facility. Great Value and I would stay there again.

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Hilton Virginia Beach. I am glad you were able to enjoy our spacious suites and complimentary breakfast along with our other great amenities. We hope to see you again in the future. Again, thank you for your fantastic review! We appreciate your business and loyalty.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

This hotel in centrally located in the southside of the Hampton Roads area. Convenient for all of Virginia Beach, Norfolk, and Chesapeake. You do need a car to get anywhere though. Suites are slightly on the small side for Homewood Suites standard. Breakfast was less than expected compared to other Homewood Suites. Overall a good option if you need a suite.

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Hilton Virginia Beach. I am glad you were able to enjoy our spacious suites and complimentary breakfast along with our other great amenities. I'm sorry to hear our associates were not more helpful with your requst. We have reviewed your comments in our daily meeting and appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again in the future. Again, thank you for taking time to review our hotel! We appreciate your business and loyalty.