“Nice place for a stop”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport
Ranked #19 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Hotel was nice for a stop during a business trip. Room was clean and large enough to spreadout. Free internet access is always a plus. Fitness room, indoor pool, pool table and free breakfast / dinner.
Staff were helpful and Manager was excellent remebering name and room numbers when a question arose.

Would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Homewood_VB, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Hilton Virginia Beach. I am glad you were able to enjoy our spacious suites and complimentary breakfast along with our other great amenities. We hope to see you again in the future. Again, thank you for taking time out of your day to offer such a nice review! We appreciate your business and loyalty!!

Sandi Stowers - Director of Sales

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport

Reviewed 9 September 2013

The suite was comfortable and extremely clean. I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. The staff was very nice and helpful. The beds were comfortable to sleep. I slept better than I would have slept at home. The location was great and not too far from the beach.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Hilton Virginia Beach. It is wonderful to hear from our valued customers and we appreciate your feedback and loyalty. We hope to see you again in the future. Again, thank you for taking time out of your day to offer such a wonderful review! We appreciate your business and loyalty!!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

I was excited to be able to get in my room in advance but was shocked to know that someone gave my room away at check in. The attendant was gracious enough to give me the room back but when I actually got in the room it was extremely dirty! I had to ask for a different room because I just couldn't stand the filth. The attendant was very courtesy and was concerned about my issues I brought up. she gave me another room immediately which was great. The new room was great! From first impressions this place was some what horrible but the bounce back was great!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg H

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Hilton Virginia Beach. I am sorry your initial experience was not so great but I am very happy to hear we were able to immediatly resolve your issue to make your stay enjoyable. We hope to see you again in the future. Again, thank you for taking time out of your day to review our hotel! We appreciate your business and loyalty!!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The suites are very nice. They have pretty much everything you need for a short or long stay. The hotel staff is very friendly and courteous. It is close enough and far enough from the beach, shopping and places to eat without the hassle and noise of being in a busier area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Hilton Virginia Beach. I am glad you were able to enjoy our spacious suites and complimentary breakfast along with our other great amenities. We hope to be able to serve you again if your travel needs call for our area. Again, thank you for taking time out of your day to offer such a lovely review! We appreciate your business and loyalty!!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Checked in for a 5 night stay and did not have the room cleaned 2 of the 5 nights! Only 2 elevators and both broken on the first morning we we there. Tried to take grandkids swimming,10 unsupervised kids in the pool shouting Marco Polo so loud you couldn't stand the noise. 2 other guests went and complained, waited 15 minutes and nothing happened so 3 families with children including us left the pool. That happened 2 nights in a row so gave up on pool which did not look well maintained anyway. NEVER had clean sheets in the 5 nights we were there. Asked the cleaning person the first time we had the room cleaned which was actually our 3rd night because we got no service our 2nd day, for clean sheets but the same stain was on one of the pillow cases and after they didn't change them the first time we asked we marked the tags in the other pillow cases with a pen and on our 5th night still had the same pillow cases. The first night we came back to no clean room we called to front desk for some clean towels, it took 2 calls and 45 mins and then the person that brought them handed 2 trash bag to my husband at the door and told not asked him to pick up the dirty towels and empty the trash cans! That night I talked to a front desk supervisor but apparently it did nothing. The second night we came back to an uncleaned room I went down and asked to talk to the GM. He came out and apologized but said he was new and trying to solve the problems and the elevators braking was not his fault. true about the elevators but there was a Hugh hole in our shower wall, the shower head sprayed water everywhere, which says to me poor maintenance overall even the elevators. To add insult it injury, we get an email from GM Jason McCarthy, the exact person I talked with, wanting a good review! Well apparently me taking the time from my vacation to voice my concerns meant nothing to him. If it did he would not have asked for a god review.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Wanda L
Homewood_VB, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Again, we are so sorry for all of the inconveniences and we will be sure to address your concerns with our management team and get back in contact with you. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Sandi Stowers
Director of Sales

Reviewed 28 August 2013

This located was a great disappointment for me, as I have been to several other Homewood Suites locations and loved all of them. The room was typically good, except that the shower door literally fell off my last morning there. In addition to that, one of the two hotel elevators broke down at least twice during my week-long stay. The food was several classes below every other Homewood Suites I've been to, and was what you might expect from a $60/night place. If a $60/night place served dinner, it would be on par with this location. I ended up eating out several times. I seriously recommend you have someone from the Homewood Suites in Schaumburg, IL come down and show this staff how to make a good meal. My first day in, I went to the fitness center and noticed there were no cloth towels to wipe down the machines. Instead, there was a handi-wipe dispenser and paper towels. I asked a staff member if that was supposed to be the case and he said it was. The handi-wipes are fine, but this is the first hotel I've seen that didn't have cloth towels in the fitness center. Some people sweat a lot while they're working out, and a paper towel just doesn't soak it up as well or feel as comfortable. To sum it up, minus the shower the room was great, but the overall experience was not worth $150 a night (included taxes). I got the sense that this building had too many guests and they couldn't afford to spend money on cooking a quality meal for that many people, or to fix overtaxed elevators, or to inspect every room for maintenance problems, or to wash fitness room towels. I will continue to recommend the Homewood Suites brand to everyone, but I will specifically warn them away from this location that is simply not worth the money.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dan T

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology for your experience. We want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and your review will help us to improve the safety of our hotel. If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me.

Sandi Stowers
Director of Sales

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Hotel is clean and comfortable. The rooms are updated and everything works. The kitchen is fabulous, pots, pans, silverwear, plates, cups, wine opener, all provided. The fridge is full sized. We stopped at FoodLion and stocked up for a week. We also took advantage of the free dinners and breakfast in the lodge. It was good, not haute cuisine. The laundry room was very helpful, esp. with sandy stuff. We were 20 mins from everywhere Southside and did not have to deal with the Interstates. Pool is freezing.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Hilton Virginia Beach. I am glad you were able to enjoy our spacious suites and complimentary breakfast and dinner along with our other great amenities. We hope to see you again in the future. Again, thank you for taking time out of your day to offer such a kind review! We appreciate your business and loyalty!!