“Clean and Friendly Hotel”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport
Ranked #20 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Homewood Suites is extremely clean and very convenient for business travelers or families. The food is wonderful. I would definitely suggest this hotel to others who want to stay in the Norfolk, Virginia beach area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Homewood_VB, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Greetings Debbie S

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team always looks forward to the opportunity to make every stay a pleasant one, I was thrilled to read we exceed your expectations when it came time for a ride to the airport. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and to share your review with the readers of TripAdvisor. Once again our sincere thanks and hope to see you again soon if ever back in the Virginia Beach area!

Sandi Stowers - Director of Sales

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport

Reviewed 26 August 2014

This hotel is filthy! Homewood Suites is our preferred hotel and this place does not even compare to others. We stayed here for 30 days and I don't think the hallways were ever vacuumed. We had to ask them to vacuum our room and it was a constant battle to get our room cleaned. We spoke to the housekeeping manager after 10 days because they weren't cleaning our room daily and we requested it be cleaned daily upon check-in. I felt like the front desk clerk was irritated because I requested daily housekeeping service but that's part of joy of staying in a hotel. When there are 4 people living in a hotel room for a month, you need the pile of dirty towels and trash removed daily. I actually bought cleaning supplies while there so I could clean the kitchen because they never cleaned it.

Upon arrival, our kitchen was not supplied with cooking utensils, small plastic bowls, colander, and sink stopper. Since we've stayed in so many Homewood suites, we knew this was standard. We went to the front desk to request these items and were told, "Hilton has changed their standards and they don't provide those items." REALLY?!? They provide cookware but no cooking utensils?? We are not that stupid. That night, we asked another front desk clerk and she said she'd have them sent right up. Of course, we never received them. So the next day, I mentioned it to our housekeeper and within 5 minutes, she provided everything she could find. She couldn't find cooking utensils so I had to purchase those so I could cook while there.

Pros - the beds are very comfortable and the suite is very spacious.

Hilton needs to take a close look at this hotel because it is not up to their standards. We will definitely not stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank madmaxtraveler

Dear MadMaxTraveler:

I appreciate the review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience a hopefully improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

Warm Regards,
Sandi Stowers - Director of Sales.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Had a horrible stay here. My cousin booked a room with 2 beds and a pullout couch. We had three adults and three kids. 2 days before arrival she confirmed the reservation and room type. When we arrived they had us in a one bedroom suite. And David Tingwald at the front desk was useless! He basically said " oh well we don't have a 2 bedroom for you". I had totally him to check the other hilton properties and the hotel next door!

We made due with the one bedroom but it was dirty and the walls were dirty and banged up. The curtains had stains and burn marks. When I took out the sheets for the pullout the had big rips in them.

I expect much better from Homewood Suites. I would never stay here again.

2  Thank pfawn

Greetings PFawn:

Thank you for your review. I apologize that you were not happy with your room assignment during your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all reservations but occasionally cannot meet every room request. We hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I bought a Groupon Getaway for this hotel for one night. We got there at 11pm and we were very tired from our 10hr drive because of traffic. The trip would normally take 4hrs. The front desk person DAVID, said he did not see our reservation. I showed him the email confirmation from Groupon. He still could not find our reservation and their hotel did not have any rooms left. I was very upset at this point. I had 4 kids that were very tired. So I asked if there were any other rooms at any nearby hotels...DAVID went to the back and another person named OMAR came out and tried to help us. He found a room at Westin. I asked him if he could call them and confirm the room...He said he could not find the phone number. When we arrived at Westin, they said they did not have any rooms left. We found a 2 rooms 40 minutes away from VA beach after looking 2 hours. We slept at 3am because Hilton did not have a reservation from Groupon Getaway that I booked through and paid for. Never will I use Groupon Getaway and Hilton ever again!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rosejhchoi

Dear Valued Guest:

I'm sorry you had so many issues in the Virginia Beach area. We do not participate in any groupon campaigns as I explained when you contacted Hilton. I'm sorry for all of the issues you experienced as I'm sure it was very upsetting evening. If you are in the area and would like to try us out again, please contact me directly as I would be happy to personal assist you in booking a room. Thank you for taking time to discuss the hotel and I'm sorry you were unable to stay with us.

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel was clean, close to fast food and take out, and also beside urgent care center. There is a slow elevator close to desk and laundry. If you walk further down the hall, there is a second and faster elevator. I used the laundry room. Can use cash or card.

1  Thank Nicole L

Greetings Nicole L:

Thank you for your review of the Homewood Suites, Virginia Beach. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our amenities and hotel while you were in the area. Thank you for taking time to share with the readers of TripAdvisor. If your needs call for the area again we hope to be able to welcome you back home.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Kristin Min..... front desk staff was very helpful prior to and during stay. Rest of staff pleasant. Suite adequate for size of family but only superficially clean on arrival. Plates in cupboard greasy, counters dusty with crumbs,bathroom sliding glass door track dirty. One counter top burner took 40 minutes to cook a pot of pasta.Sheets were clean, no bed bugs found after a thorough search as Virginia Beach has been a problem area. Adequate supply of towels both in suite and in pool area. However, on several occasions had to go to a maid for refill of amenities. Breakfast was basic, no waffle maker as there are in other Homewood Suites, a huge disappointment for the little ones. Food ran out an hour after dinner service began! The pool was warm, apparently heated but the whirlpool tub was broken during our entire stay. They do not do a routine check of the whirlpool or they would have discovered that it was broken for 5 days. One of the elevators was also broken during out stay.
The location of this Hilton hotel was very convenient for us as we went to sites in the Norfolk area and visited the beach. There is an urgent care center on the next block, fast food nearby and a supermarket a few miles away.
My recommendation to this hotel is that the department heads make rounds to monitor the operation of the hotel. The manger needs to be very diligent as services and environmental care could deteriorate very rapidly. I would probably stay elsewhere on my next visit to Virginia Beach if the reviews get any worse.

Room Tip: 5th floor is smoking.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 0AngLee

Greetings Valued Guest:

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with your overall stay. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. Again, we apologize for for all of the inconveniences. If you would like to discuss your issues further, please feel free to call the hotel and speak with me. Again, thank you for your feedback, we do appreciate your buisness and hope we can win you over again on your next stay.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Our stay was good... The staff was very friendly and helpful... We only had one issue with one of the housekeepers but it was taken care of right away... A special Thank You to Mrs. Tina (Housekeeper), she was such a sweetheart...

Greetings Dee S:

Thank you so much for your great review. We pride ourselves to provide the best service to our wonderful guests, like you. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the services Tina provided you with, she's truly a gem. Thank you again for the wonderful review and we hope to be able to welcome you back home again!