“Bonefish Grill--excellent service and food”
Review of Bonefish Grill

Bonefish Grill
Ranked #160 of 1,423 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“Bonefish Grill--excellent service and food”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The atmosphere, food and service was all excellent. I would not mind going again some day. Everything was cooked just right and everything tasted good.

1 Thank Sandra D

Chesapeake, Virginia
“Bonefish Grill – VA Beach”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

After many years, I finally made it to Bonefish Grill. This is another fine choice near where I have actually lived… I love seafood and I’d always heard this was a really good chain restaurant.

Apparently the “Bang Bang Shrimp” appetizer is very popular and is offered all day on Wednesdays for $5.00 per serving, as opposed to the regular price of $8.90. They open at 4:00 PM and we arrived around 5:00 PM. The bar was packed with the Happy Hour Crowd and several of the dining tables were already occupied. Customers kept coming and within another 45 minutes, nearly every table was occupied. This is a good thing for any restaurant, as long as they do not run out of food… Perhaps it was for the reduced price of the Bang Bang Shrimp on Wednesdays, or this is just a good restaurant on any day.

We did order the Bang Bang Shrimp for the table just to try it. It was OK, but I believe it may be a mayonnaise-based sauce and this does not agree with me. Go for it, if that is your thing, but I’ll not order it again. The bread served with herded olive oil was great and didn’t last long. When offered another serving for the three of us, we accepted. It is light and not overfilling – a real plus, and we finished it all.

Several items on the main menu caught my attention and some were not seafood, but check the website in advance for seasonal specials. A local specialty, Soft Shell Crab, was in season, but I could not get past the Crab-Crusted Orange Roughly. The menu stated Garlic Whipped Potatoes came with the dish, but our server, Megan, let us know we could substitute for any of the available side dishes. I chose the Green Beans (Haricot Verts) and there were prepared very nicely. My wife ordered the Sea Scallops and Shrimp and our friend ordered the Longfin Tilapia. We each got to try these dishes and “Thumbs Up” on all of them. Each was well prepared, not under or over cooked, as you may get when a kitchen is very busy.
Bonefish Grill is on my list to return in the near future.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank WA2world
Suitland, Maryland
“slow service”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

waited over an half an hour to be seated as others came in after me at were seated. when i was seated the restaurant had many empty 4 top tables and they had me wait to sit at a two top. this was ridiculous. service was slow but she was nice.

Visited April 2013
Waynesboro, Virginia
“Quality food as always”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

A chain restaurant is never my top choice, especially if I am at the beach. But for a late night dinner, we were able to walk right in and be seated and served right away, even though the dining room was full. The waitress took our beer order and although she brought us the wrong beer, she quickly got it fixed. She was very pleasant and did a great job throughout the night. The bang bang shrimp is always good and served with hot bread and oil, it hit the spot! I had the special which was Orange roughy and it came with a sauce that was slightly sweet but also had bay scallops and shrimp served on top. With broccoli and a chickpea salad, it was way better than I ever imagined. Overall, it was great food, served hot and with little wait. What else can you ask for?

• Visited March 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Bangin' staff !! Caring managnent!! Fantastic Food!!!”
Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

Busy Saturday night! Table by the COLD door but Manager offered dessert to compensate. (people rudely holding door open) !! Food was Amazing server was great but I still wonder if price on some entres isn't too high--- but for a special night it is wonderful!!!