“Nice place, and the food was quite good”

Island House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Island House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, View, Bar Scene, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Atlantic Ave & Route 180
Description: The Island House Restaurant and Marina is a great waterfront restaurant with a BEAUTIFUL view of The Eastern Shore's marsh and Barrier Islands. Come for our award-winning crab cakes and fresh flounder while sipping some of the best local Eastern Shore wines available. We are very proud to partner with Chatham Vineyards as our signature local wine.
NoVa/ DC
“Nice place, and the food was quite good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I had an oyster Caesars salad and a clam fritter basket..The service was perfect as was the food.

I plan to return. .

Wilmington, Delaware
“Great Spot in the Middle of Nowhere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Flew in to visit with some friends in Ononcock and got to see some of the area. They took us to a lovely seaside restaurant, the Island House. Great setting with expansive windows to look out over the barrier islands and see the Sea Grasses waving in the breezes.

The place is well worn but has exactly the look and feel you'd expect for the area. Food was good, average or above but not great. I had a wrap with chicken and strawberries, it sounded like such an unusual combination that I had to try it. The others in our group went from sea food choices to salads. Everyone was satisfied with the meal, prices were fair and the service was good.

I'm certain given the number of visitors in season and the scarcity of good place to eat this has existed as a long term favorite.

Bayport, New York
“Yummy crab cakes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stopped in VA for refuel on the way back to NY and while at the airport we decided to have lunch as well Island House came in highly recommended. The staff were very friendly they gave us a ride to/from the airport. Crab cakes were spot on. Will definitely be back soon!

Orangeburg, South Carolina
“Really wanted to give it a 3.5”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

This is one of those establishments that has been around so long it can rest on its reputation. However, not so fast. The group I was with had been there several times before and were a little disappointed. The seafood platter for over $22 only had 2 oysters, 2 shrimp, 1 crab cake, and a piece of fish. Of course they were generous with their sweet potato biscuits. I ordered an oyster appetizer which was excellent even if it were over $19 for 6 oysters. Some others in the party said there food was cooked too. I will say their service is excellent.

White Hall, Maryland
“Great Find on the Way Home from OBX”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

On our way home from the beach, we saw a billboard advertising the Island House Restaurant and thought what the heck and it had good reviews. The little town of Wachapreague, VA is quaint and beautiful and the Island House did not disappoint. We were there at around sunset on June 27th and the view overlooking the Barrier Islands of Virginia's Eastern Shore was phenomenal. The tide was coming in over the expansive water/marsh view and reflected exquisite colors.The restaurant is part of a small marina primarily consisting of working fishing charter boats. Also, I love to explore little shops like the one that was part of the restaurant. I ended up leaving with a piece of jewelry, two adorable hand-painted crab wine glasses and several crab-themed serving pieces-awesome! Now onto the food--which was absolutely delicious, I went back and forth with giving them a 4 or 5 rating--conflicted. We started with the Oysters Parramore appetizer that was excellent-the oysters were large and tasty. We both had the Seafood Island House plate that consisted of scallops, shrimp and crabmeat-wonderful, wonderful flavor, the green beans and baked potatoes were both tasty as well. I was full, but indicated that I could have a bit of my husband's dessert which was their Famous Chocolate Bread Pudding, it was huge, smooth and velvety and oh so good. The two cosmos I had were also well done. Since we had left a day early from OBX to avoid traffic, we were looking for a place to stay in Wachapreague for the night, however, our sense of duty and seeing our cat steered us home. Hope to stop in again.

• Visited June 2014

Been to Island House Restaurant? Share your experiences!