“Had a great time!!!”
Review of Wachapreague Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wachapreague
Wachapreague Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wachapreague
Wilmington, Delaware
“Had a great time!!!”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This was my first time to Wachapreague and it won't be the last time. I made a solo trip and can't wait to go back with my family. The hotel rooms were fresh smelling and clean. Captain Chris was easy going and friendly. Nikki was so sweet and very helpful and I could tell it was important that I had a nice stay. Both Nikki and Chris, the owners, seemed to really want me to enjoy my time there. They were full of suggestions on things to do and places to eat. My favorite part of my stay was the boat tour by Captain Chris. When I return with my family we will be sure to book another boat tour and perhaps and fishing trip. "The little city by the Sea" was a laid back relaxing place to visit. I would recommend the hotel to friends, and the apartments or the house if you are going with a large group.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Louisburg, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 June 2012

My family went to Wachapreague about seven years ago and caught more croaker than the little rental boat could hold! It was a wonderful and memorable weekend.

Around February Daddy started talking about that trip. Again in May he mentioned that he wanted to go back to Wachapreaague and go fishing. I talked to him on Friday before Fathers Day and he said he was going to ride up there on Saturday just to check the fishing report. I laughed and told him he could do that online. He said he knew but was ready to take a ride.

Being a sneaky daughter I called Wachapreague Inn as soon as we hung up and talked to the owner, Chris. He assured me that he had a vacancy that accepted a big dog so I booked a room! Then I called Daddy back I gave him his room number, and told him that I would meet him there so we could have a Fathers Day weekend together.

Chris was awesome. He put a 12 pack of Daddy's favorite beer in the refrigerator, left a can of dog food on the table with a note saying Happy Father's Day. How personal is that? We didn't get to meet him but Wanda, on duty, was just as helpful and nice as she could be.

The room was clean and comfortable. It had two double beds, a fridge & microwave plus excellent water pressure in the shower. Right across the street is a nice restaurant and we got to watch a seagull steal food off the plate of a diner who was brave enough to eat on the deck!

Would I go again? In a heartbeat!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 20 May 2012

First and foremost: the friendliest folks you could ever hope to meet. It's an old motor lodge. I believe they are working hard on bringing it up, but "one of our better rooms" was showing it's age (cracked tile in bathroom, etc). Bed's were uncomfortable, but not unbearable. Carpets were dirty and bed linens worn. Amenities are spartan (e.g.. no phone in room) but staff works hard to ensure you have everything you need. Even a cooler full of sodas and beer in the lobby so you can "have a cold one" upon check in! I'd stay here again if I was going to Wachapreague but I wouldn't go out of my way for a return visit. I wish the owners lots of luck - they've only had the place for 4 years and are doing great things with it.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Larry F
Centreville, Maryland
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I haven't been to Wachapreague for almost 20yrs. My girlfriend (now wife) and I were driving around the eastern shore of Va killing a weekend. I will have to say i wasn't impressed with anything other than the sandwich I got at the old general store. The motel was nasty and the restaurant worse. Some friends invited me to fish in the annual flounder tournament this past April. This place has always been known for world class fishing, so I agreed to go. WOW what a change in everthing in that town. Stayed at the motel what a pleasant surprise. Clean, fresh and the owners could not have been more accommadating. Well worth the price. Plenty of room for boats and only across the street from the boat ramp. The restaurant was perfect and across the street from our room. I spent last weekend there with my wife and kids and we explored the barrier islands (another world) in our boat. The camp ground could use a face lift, other than that I can't say how impressed I am with the progress this little city by the sea has come. There still is good sandwiches in the store, but the kind lady (Margaret Carpenter) that served me 20yrs ago just passed away this past Dec after more than 50 years in that store. Plan on going back soon,maybe to look at houses.

Room Tip: If you have more than 2 I would rent one of the houses they have.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Carthage, New York
Reviewed 27 February 2012

My family and I decided to stay at the 5 bedroom house that was available. I am so happy we did! The house is super comfy! The house is warm and inviting. The large kitchen area was also open to the dining area and living area which made it super easy for our entire family (Grandpop and cousins) to visit and spend time together while making meals. Nestled right on a corner lot, it has ample room to park and even an area out front where my kids could use the rope swing. The decor inside the home is all coastal fishing themed, with a wealth of books available for the whole family to choose from. The bedrooms were clean and neat, with the bedding all crisp and fresh. You can see all the huge boats and the dock area from this spot, and there is even a playground within walking distance. The general store was right across the street and is stocked with all sorts of goodies.
The owners are so hospitable and just down to earth friendly. Super kind!!
We had such a great time at this house and can't wait to go back again!

Room Tip: If you require extra pillows on your bed fear not! Each bed had two pillows for each person! You wo...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
baltimore
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We stayed here to rent a boat and go out to the barrier island on the ocean for
great flounder fishing. We loved it for the dog friendly rooms. Standard eastern shore hotel. Basic amenities. Sheets were so soft and the bed was very comfortable. It was great to have an efficiency- cooktop, electic fry pan,toaster ,refrig. etc... Locals are very friendly. Owners went out of their way to assist us. Wifi and cell phone 3G worked great , cell worked great even out on the ocean. Some of the rooms are updated. We stayed in an older room but was fine. Clean and well kept. The location is a great place to explore eastern shore Va. towns. Bike use was safe and easy in the small towns. We had meals at the waterfront restaurant across the street - the food was excellent. The sun rise over the marsh is worth getting up early. We will go back again. They also have 2br condo type rooms and a house you can rent.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Cape Charles, Virginia
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Right across the street from Capt. Zed's Marina, the Island House Restaurant, and a beautiful seaside barrier island view, this motel was just perfect. The new owners of the Wachapreague Inn and their staff are so nice and clearly take a lot of pride in the property (which also has two efficiency rooms, two apartments and one house available for nightly or multi-nightly rental). The beds were comfortable, the room was clean, and the fridge in my room provided just the right level of icy cold for my refreshments. Oh, and great water pressure! Really loved waking to the sound of laughing gulls on the wing over the marina. Just a great stay. As a local kayak guide on the Eastern Shore, I will be happy to recommend the Wachapreague Inn to my guests!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Maargvark
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wachapreague
Quality Inn & Suites
The Inn at Onancock
The Inn at Onancock
#1 of 6 in Onancock
Virginia Landing RV Campground

Been to Wachapreague Inn? Share your experiences!