“What a random gem to discover on a Sunday night!”

McMahon's Irish Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 86 Restaurants in Warrenton
Price range: US$5 - US$45
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Specializing in warm hospitality,excellent food and friendly service.Come on in and relax. Open seven days a week. Also available for events and parties,corporate and private.
Virginia
“What a random gem to discover on a Sunday night!”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We were passing through Warrenton on a Sunday evening at dinnertime with friends and randomly picked McMahon's.

We were seated by Emmitt, the owner. He was very personable and we enjoyed chatting with him a few times during the meal. He described the Irish dishes on the menu and between the four of us we tried every one he recommended!

We had the Guinness Brie Wheel as an appetizer and we all gave it a thumbs up. It's a small brie served with raspberry jam, butter and Irish soda bread.

The men ordered the Sunday night special, roast beef with mashed potatoes and green beans. The Roast beef could be cut with a fork and was fantastic. The potatoes weren't as good as expected, but none were left on either plate.

The women ordered Boxtys - corned beef and Gaelic. The Gaelic is prime rib and was better than the corned beef to me, but I'm not much of a corned beef fan. The potato pancake underneath was nice and crispy as it should be. Emmitt recommended pairing a Boxty with a side salad for a lighter meal and it was perfect for both of us.

We had no room for dessert but thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The live Irish music was the finishing touch to a great evening. Emmitt thanked us for stopping by as we were leaving, he really knows all about customer service.

We will definitely return.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Julie S

Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

Late dinner. Food was very good. Service was great. Look forward to going again and trying other dishes.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Lisa C
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Delish Ravioli and Friendly Service”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I bought my Ravioli Dish to-go and it was soo yummy. Loved the food, the pub itself looked very nice. I hear they have live music on Sundays. Visit their web site. Manager was very friendly and I think you will enjoy the experience!!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank BoTravels
Denver
“We won Wednesday night trivia”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We had fun. Even though the place was packed we found a good table. The food was great and we won the trivia contest. What more can I say.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank vacationaddictDenver
Rixeyville, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Muddy Black and Tan and poor service”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I ordered and black and tan. I was served two beers fully mixed together and said to the waitress that it didn't look like a black and tan. She told me it ends up looking like that anyway. The waitress was generally rude and dismissive. I'll never go back based on poor service.

I also ordered a potato and corned beef dish. It was tiny and lacking flavor.

• Visited June 2013