“Lucky Find”

Ranked #24 of 86 Restaurants in Warrenton
Price range: US$5 - US$45
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Specializing in warm hospitality,excellent food and friendly service.Come on in and relax. Open seven days a week. Also available for events and parties,corporate and private.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lucky Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Taken there by a friend-excellent! Local irish music on a Sunday, great food, good selection of beers and a roaring fire. Landlord Emmett a gent of the first order.
Totally recommended.

• Visited October 2013

“Authentic American Irish Pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

This is a great spot to frequent! Whether you are bringing the entire family, looking to grab a drink solo, or headed out for a night of corn hole and cricket, this place has it all! I bring my family in here for family dinners, I brinf my wife here in dates, and I go here with my buddies to grab a drink and toss some corn hole! I love the staff, Emmet and Danny always welcome me with a smile and have made me feel welcome since the first day I walked through the door. If you are in Warrenton, dont miss a chance to visit McMahons. The atmoshphere is great, the food is exceptional, and entertainment is frequent! Live music and Tvs always provide a great time! Get to McMahons ASAP!!

Gainesville, Virginia
“Love the food & atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

We went this evening, our friends frequent the pub and suggested we give it a try. We did...and LOVED it!

On Sunday nights there is a group of "pick-up" Celtic musicians that get together and play. They were great and only made the warm atmosphere, even warmer.

My husband and I both really enjoyed our meals. I had the, Guinness steak and mushroom stew, it was delicious, yum!! My husband had a Reuben sandwich, he really liked it as well.

We're looking forward to going back again soon and trying other items on the menu that looked really good,

The service was great, the owner, Emmitt, came by and introduced himself and chatted with us for a bit and thanked us for coming in.

Give it a try...you won't be disappointed!!

1 Thank mkwasher
Virginia
“What a random gem to discover on a Sunday night!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

We were passing through Warrenton on a Sunday evening at dinnertime with friends and randomly picked McMahon's.

We were seated by Emmitt, the owner. He was very personable and we enjoyed chatting with him a few times during the meal. He described the Irish dishes on the menu and between the four of us we tried every one he recommended!

We had the Guinness Brie Wheel as an appetizer and we all gave it a thumbs up. It's a small brie served with raspberry jam, butter and Irish soda bread.

The men ordered the Sunday night special, roast beef with mashed potatoes and green beans. The Roast beef could be cut with a fork and was fantastic. The potatoes weren't as good as expected, but none were left on either plate.

The women ordered Boxtys - corned beef and Gaelic. The Gaelic is prime rib and was better than the corned beef to me, but I'm not much of a corned beef fan. The potato pancake underneath was nice and crispy as it should be. Emmitt recommended pairing a Boxty with a side salad for a lighter meal and it was perfect for both of us.

We had no room for dessert but thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The live Irish music was the finishing touch to a great evening. Emmitt thanked us for stopping by as we were leaving, he really knows all about customer service.

We will definitely return.

2 Thank Julie S
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

Late dinner. Food was very good. Service was great. Look forward to going again and trying other dishes.

1 Thank Lisa C