Airlie
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$125
US$146
US$116
CandlewoodSuites
TripAdvisor
All reviewsconference centermain buildingeaster brunchsummer and fallmeeting roomthe main dining roomwhistling swancarriage housecounty winerelaxing weekendthe cottagesevery staff memberfire pitan overnight stayskeet shootingthe room was nicefamily reunion
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2012

You could not ask for a lovelier setting than this facility in rural Virginia. The buildings were all attractive, the conference facilities were exceptional and spacious. Delightful pub. The staff was uniformly excellent; friendly and accomodating. Flaws: the room was comfortably furnished and spacious but had some problems with the temperatures and many of my colleagues reported bugs in their rooms (management warns you about them, kudos for that.) The reason I had to give an average rating was quite frankly the food. It is buffet stayle and unless you go early or are visiting during low occupancy, expect to find items missing and infrequently replenished. The staff tried to keep up with the demand but the kitchen was just not up to it so if you had your eye on a particular dish, you had to visit the buffet several times in the hopes of getting it. And at the cost of the buffet (lunch was $25 I think) you naturally expect more. Quality of food was adequate, it is buffet after all so not cooked to order. But the setting and the staff were exceptional, so if you have an event in this area, Airlie is worth considering.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Adyson
Reviewed 27 April 2012

My family and I attended a wedding rehearsal dinner at this location, and it was beautiful. The food was delicious. The setting was great, with manicured gardens and Virginia magnificence all conveniently located to Warrenton.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JDBuchanan
Reviewed 10 December 2011

This is a great place to ride and hike and a wonderful place to relax. Rooms are a bit Spartan, but the grounds are spectacular. The food is good, but buffet style and thus encourages overeating, but you catwalk it off.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2011

My first trip to a conference center, my company picked a wonderful location. I read that the service here was awful in one review last year, but we were pleased - the staff attended to our every need - their IT guy helped solve a last minute problem that came up - and saved the day. Everyone else was helpful and friendly.
My room was comfy, but it was the grounds - away from it ALL - green lawns, lovely trails and trees - the most beautiful countryside!! We biked, and walked and it balanced the time we spent "working" to make it the most restful business trip we have ever taken.
Lastly, the food was unbelievable - we all agreed even if the bikes were not such a pleasure we would need to use them after the delicious meals we were served.
Overall experience was amazing - we recommend Airlie - * * * * * !!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2011

The hotel is quaint - I had visions of what old VA must have been like in the days of Gone with the Wind. The were there for a wedding. The salmon was amazing, but breakfast was beyond belief. Best French Toast I have ever had. Also the Eggs Benedict and oatmeal. Everyone raved about the potatoes, which I was too full to try. The downsides was that if you weren't being fed at an event, there was absolutley no where to get food unless you had a car. Also bar doesn't open until 5.

Room Tip: Stay close to the main building.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends