“Scrumptious”

Red Truck Bakery
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Warrenton
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Scrumptious”
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

Croissants must be their specialty. We stopped since our new Carpe Weekend book suggested this place on our way to Luray. Not disappointed. My fave was the strawberries and cream filled croissant! It took me back to my toaster strudel eating days but way waaaay better. Coffee was ok. I was really wanting some hot steamed milk to go w the coffee...but this was worth the stop.

Stafford, Virginia
“Definately worth the stop.”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I had an appointment in Warrenton and decided to stop and grab some lunch.The Red Truck Bakery & Market is located in Historic Old Town Warrenton. I got there at 1PM and there were only 3 sandwiches left but plenty of baked goods to choose from. You probably need to get there by noon or call an order in for a bigger selection. Rather than finding that annoying I think it is a testament to how good their sandwiches are. I am not a vegetarian but I chose the Veggi Caravan. I was not disappointed. It was a delicious mix of Lentils, Quinoa, Oats, Walnuts, Kale, Goat Cheese, Cucumbers and Red Onions served on their freshly baked Focaccia Bread. I got several large chocolate chip cookies to try at home later. They were however too tempting for me to wait that long. Not all the cookies and only part of the brownie made it home. Delicious. I read some of the other reviews about the staff not being friendly. I can honestly say the staff was nothing but friendly. The young lady who helped me was very patient and answered my numerous questions about the ingredients of all their sandwiches. I will be heading back that way in 2 weeks and will be stopping there again for sure. This time for the Meatloaf sandwich. Can't wait. Maybe I will run into Robert Duvall who lives near by and apparently frequents the place. One can only hope.

Pennsylvania
“No lunch available”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Stopped by during the late afternoon to have lunch. Lunch was not available-no sandwiches and no quiche left. She said she didn't want to cut another quiche. This is a cute location and cute 'brand' but seems to be 'all show and no go'. The case of baked goods is limited and the menu is sparse-they would do well if they had more food available and a better selection of baked goods and real food. We did purchase a lemon cake and it was good. The frosting was a little dry but the cake was moist.

4 Thank Giddyupandgogirl
Bethesda, MD
“Wish I had eaten lunch here instead of BBQ Country”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Stopped in to see the bakery I had read about and was not disappointed. Wheat bread with golden raisins and walnuts makes incredible French toast. But the cinammon donut brought a smile with memories of Montgomery Donuts which is my gold standard. My wife said the focaccia is excellent.

United States
“Lovely place”
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

As a local I like to support our local businesses. Brian took a huge leap of faith, quitting a great job and believing in this bakery. I still like the granola, focaccia and breads. Love the coffee. I'm not sure why some folks find the staff snobby - I've always gotten a smile, and a hug if Brian is there. PS I go away for months in a row, new staff may be hired and not recognize me. But I always get a smile. Remember that this is Fauquier County, and effusive display of emotion is highly discouraged!

• Visited July 2013