“A Perfect Setting - Lovely Hospitality!”
Review of Black Horse Inn

Black Horse Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Warrenton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 September 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Black Horse Inn for just one night and wished we had booked another. We had a lovely reception from the owner, Lynn! She sets the friendly, yet elegant tone with her staff. The wine, port and snacks available made us feel like it was our own home. The inn itself is beautifully appointed, yet comfortable. Often inns feel awkward, like you aren't allowed in certain areas. We felt special and invited. We relaxed and walked around the property. The horses, the grounds and the Gilded Fox (a reception facility) are unbelievably beautiful. After a yummy breakfast in the morning, we felt a part of the action as a horse was being shown and exercised in the ring! My husband and I dreamed of having our daughter's wedding there one day - so close to the DC area, but a world away with the relaxation and an idyllic setting! Being in the concierge industry, we understand great service. I highly recommend a stay at the Black Horse Inn. And I can't wait to plan an event at The Gilded Fox!
DeeAnn Jeremiah, Founder / Owner, Classic Concierge, Inc.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 September 2012

My daughter and I were in Warrenton for the Warrenton Horse Show and stayed at the Inn. The entire property is absolutely lovely! We enjoyed the wine, cheese and crackers in the evening and the wonderful breakfast each morning. We stayed in the attic suite - Room With A View - and had incredible views. We will definitely stay there the next time we are in Warrenton. I just can't say enough great things about this beautiful Inn.

Room Tip: The Inn is like a step back in time. Just stunning in every way. We can't wait to return.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ckcockcroft
Reviewed 5 August 2012

What a wonderful property. We had the Inn for a wedding and I couldn't have been happier. The service was great and Lynn and the Joyce's took great care of us. Plus we got to spend time with and feed the horses! What a cool treat! Need to come back!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2012

The only thing that was missing - which is why it was "almost" heaven - was my husband! I had the wonderful opportunity of staying at the Black Horse Inn when I had to be in Warrenton for a conference. Four friends and I were able to enjoy the wonderful hospitality and generous amenities that this wonderful bed and breakfast has to offer. It is definitely a place that I would visit again... and recommend to others! The property has been well maintained and is very clean, it is managed with a generous degree of southern hospitality, and it is surely a jewel in Warrenton's crown! I am proud to say that I was privileged to meet Lynn, the owner! What a gracious lady! And, what a destination! :-)

Room Tip: Be sure to check out The Black Horse Inn's excellent website presence to view the rooms and sele...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2012

In mid-July 2012, I had the pleasure of spending a few days at The Black Horse Inn in Warrenton, Virginia. What a wonderful experience! The Inn is beautiful – my bedroom windows overlooked the well manicured gardens and one of the riding rings. The owner, Lynn, is the epitome of southern hospitality and Lauren, our hostess, was charming. The rooms are beautifully appointed. Each day started with a delicious breakfast and afternoons and evenings we enjoyed their version of “tea”. As we walked the grounds, I could see why the Inn is designated as the #1 wedding destination. There are various patios and a lovely ballroom just made for entertaining. Warrenton is a charming community with several excellent restaurants and many nice gift shops and boutiques. I would definitely recommend the Black Horse Inn for a great spot to escape and be pampered!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2012

This beautiful, peaceful and comfortable place is the perfect destination for a romantic retreat, a great event, or corporate blue-sky session. You have to give the owner kudos for establishing the right atmosphere, cadence, and amenities to establish this setting.
I would go again for any reason. The history of this place makes it even more desirable.
Love the Black Horse Inn!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank claudia b
Reviewed 5 July 2012

My husband and I spent the night on June 30th at the Black Horse Inn a B&B just outside of Warrenton, VA. I put the date in because of what happened the night before. Virginia got hit by a surprise straight line thunderstorm that ravaged the VA and MD areas with major power outages, trees down and wind damage. I put this all in the review because I want to give kudos to the Inn because they saved a wedding. After we checked in we were in the sunroom getting cookies for a snack before we went out to several wineries in the area, and we met a photographer. He told us that the wedding scheduled at another B&B had been moved that morning to the Black Horse because of the power outages. The Black Horse took up the gauntlet and on the spur of the moment hosted the wedding. When we came back from our winery tours, we met the bride in the foyer and all seem to be going great. WOW – now that deserves a top notch rating. Our room was lovely and the staff was gracious considering the hub-bub that was going on. The Inn is a lovely old VA mansion in horse country VA. Lots of wineries within minutes of the Inn and Warrenton has a nice Old Town Main Street. I did not know about the ghosts that are part of the Inn’s history and was glad I did not have an encounter – they were most likely busy with the wedding.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrenton
5 mi away
#1 of 2 in Warrenton
Glen Gordon Manor
Glen Gordon Manor
#1 of 1 in Huntly

Been to Black Horse Inn? Share your experiences!