“More than just a B&B !”

Ranked #1 of 1 Warrenton B&B and Inns
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
“More than just a B&B !”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I have to say, this beautiful venue is so much more than just a bed and breakfast... I had the honor and privilege of staying at the Black Horse Inn for the weekend, as my sister in law was having her wedding ceremony on the grounds. When you pull into the drive, you will be blown away, and that is only the beginning. The friendly and accommodating staff go above and beyond to make you feel at home, and make your stay as carefree and enjoyable as possible. When staying in a more intimate environment, it can sometimes feel like the hospitality is forced. That was not the case at Black Horse Inn. Every morning started with a hot cup of coffee on the deck of our suite, followed by an amazing breakfast prepared and served by the friendly ladies that help the Inn run smoothly. After we were ready to start our day, the same ladies would clean our suite and make our beds for the day, being sure to straighten anything that may have been out of place. I can definitely say that these employees work as a team, and they all truly love what they do, and belong in the service and hospitality industry. The professionalism and integrity of the Owner, Lynn, was exceptional. Not only was she warm and friendly, she was genuinely concerned with each guests experience and comfort at the Inn. If you needed an extra pillow or couldn't figure out the AC, she was the lady who came to the rescue! She is more than just an owner of a business, she loves what she does, and is passionate about Black Horse Inn. This will not be the last time I stay at Black Horse Inn. Everything about the Inn, including the wedding veranda and the reception hall exceeded my every expectation.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Wow! We found this amazing inn online but were pleasantly surprised by just how beautiful and graceful this hunt country retreat is. We were greeted by wonderful folks including the inn's owner who made us feel welcome and comfortable immediately. Accommodating is an understatement at how well we were treated even with a big wedding rehearsal in progress. We stayed in the Room with A View which which had a great view and quite a comfortable bed. The grounds are stunning highlighting the best of Virginia Hunt Country. The hospitality was over the top and due to some room scheduling issues and we ended up getting upgraded and receiving a lower price without even asking...my husband and I cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 6 September 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Black Horse Inn for just one night and wished we had booked another. We had a lovely reception from the owner, Lynn! She sets the friendly, yet elegant tone with her staff. The wine, port and snacks available made us feel like it was our own home. The inn itself is beautifully appointed, yet comfortable. Often inns feel awkward, like you aren't allowed in certain areas. We felt special and invited. We relaxed and walked around the property. The horses, the grounds and the Gilded Fox (a reception facility) are unbelievably beautiful. After a yummy breakfast in the morning, we felt a part of the action as a horse was being shown and exercised in the ring! My husband and I dreamed of having our daughter's wedding there one day - so close to the DC area, but a world away with the relaxation and an idyllic setting! Being in the concierge industry, we understand great service. I highly recommend a stay at the Black Horse Inn. And I can't wait to plan an event at The Gilded Fox!
DeeAnn Jeremiah, Founder / Owner, Classic Concierge, Inc.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 September 2012

My daughter and I were in Warrenton for the Warrenton Horse Show and stayed at the Inn. The entire property is absolutely lovely! We enjoyed the wine, cheese and crackers in the evening and the wonderful breakfast each morning. We stayed in the attic suite - Room With A View - and had incredible views. We will definitely stay there the next time we are in Warrenton. I just can't say enough great things about this beautiful Inn.

Room Tip: The Inn is like a step back in time. Just stunning in every way. We can't wait to return.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ckcockcroft
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 5 August 2012

What a wonderful property. We had the Inn for a wedding and I couldn't have been happier. The service was great and Lynn and the Joyce's took great care of us. Plus we got to spend time with and feed the horses! What a cool treat! Need to come back!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Franklin, Virginia
Reviewed 30 July 2012

The only thing that was missing - which is why it was "almost" heaven - was my husband! I had the wonderful opportunity of staying at the Black Horse Inn when I had to be in Warrenton for a conference. Four friends and I were able to enjoy the wonderful hospitality and generous amenities that this wonderful bed and breakfast has to offer. It is definitely a place that I would visit again... and recommend to others! The property has been well maintained and is very clean, it is managed with a generous degree of southern hospitality, and it is surely a jewel in Warrenton's crown! I am proud to say that I was privileged to meet Lynn, the owner! What a gracious lady! And, what a destination! :-)

Room Tip: Be sure to check out The Black Horse Inn's excellent website presence to view the rooms and sele...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Franklin, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2012

In mid-July 2012, I had the pleasure of spending a few days at The Black Horse Inn in Warrenton, Virginia. What a wonderful experience! The Inn is beautiful – my bedroom windows overlooked the well manicured gardens and one of the riding rings. The owner, Lynn, is the epitome of southern hospitality and Lauren, our hostess, was charming. The rooms are beautifully appointed. Each day started with a delicious breakfast and afternoons and evenings we enjoyed their version of “tea”. As we walked the grounds, I could see why the Inn is designated as the #1 wedding destination. There are various patios and a lovely ballroom just made for entertaining. Warrenton is a charming community with several excellent restaurants and many nice gift shops and boutiques. I would definitely recommend the Black Horse Inn for a great spot to escape and be pampered!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrenton
Airlie
Hampton Inn Gainesville-Haymarket
Inn at Evergreen
Inn at Evergreen
#1 of 1 in Haymarket

Been to Black Horse Inn? Share your experiences!