My stay at the Holiday Inn Express Warrenton was acceptable as far as what I expected from staying in a chain hotel of this size, though details kept this from being a place I'd recommend. The big benefit, I imagine, for many visitors is that pets are welcome here and we saw a few canines enjoying this rare perk.
We stayed here for a wedding wedding where all events were being held about thirty minutes south at Kelly's Ford, though the couple had secured a reduced wedding rate for this particular hotel. Our room was on the ground floor, which always has me a bit paranoid, as the front hotel walkway was directly outside of the windows and the drapes didn't exactly close completely without some help from a bobby pin. The room was clean, with a good number of electrical sockets and an iron/ironing board provided, as well as a hair dryer. The cleaning staff was quite pleasant, though the greeters working the front desk rarely smiled, whether that was when we checked in or when we requested WiFi information -- which, by the way, does not work terribly well in the rooms but works fine in the breakfast area. I didn't even look at the pool as my significant (in his wandering) other reported back that it was poorly situated, sticking out in to the back parking lot with an iron gate around it. Breakfast was nice and tidy, though, with several food options and some too-sugary-to-be-good-for-you-but-quite-tasty sticky buns.
Already I thought the room in general felt somewhat damp (then again, we were in Virginia during a rather wet weekend, so I was somewhat forgiving on this point), but the bathroom was a bit of a death trap. Even if you closed the bathroom door, the draft would still blow the flimsy shower curtain to the degree that inevitably the room flooded from shower (which was rather thin anyway) before you even realized the curtain had been blown aside. On top of that, all the condensation from even a warm shower in the damp atmosphere of the bathroom/room made the floors exceedingly slick. I nearly slipped and fell several times before I just covered the whole tile floor in towels. Also, it was slightly annoying that the large mirror over the sink and counter-top didn't line up with the sink -- I had to shuffle to the right to fully see myself in the mirror when using the sink and that involved actual shuffling, as I was standing on a towel so I wasn't on the slippery floor. At least the water pressure in the shower was heavenly.
Parking was plentiful, though to get to this Holiday Inn, you have to drive a bit through some twisting commercial/planned community areas to reach it -- and it's not immediately marked at the turn, so be sure to be looking up and beyond the immediate signage on the corner to spy it sitting back from the road a bit. Clearly this Holiday Inn Express is there to service quick visits to Warrenton, likely for those who are staying for business, as there's nothing really to see nearby. I doubt I would have selected this if it hadn't been the suggested spot for guests not staying at Kelly's Ford, as it had the reduced wedding rate and it was the pick-up point for shuttle service for wedding activities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newest addition to Fauquier County, Virginia. Located in the town of Warrenton, VA, host of the Virginia Gold Cup. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton, Virginia, is conveniently located to US 29, US 17, US 15, & I-66 and about 45 minutes to Reagan National and Dulles Airports. This beautiful property located between Manassas, VA and Culpeper VA nestled in Virginia s Horse Country. We are surrounded by breathtaking views, historic charm and fine dining. Only minutes from the Historic District, and Civil War sites, such as the Battle of Antietam, Battle of Bull Run and Harper s Ferry, WV. Virginia Wineries and many golf courses are within 10 minutes. This state-of-the art hotel offers 85 spacious guest rooms where you may select from a King, or two Queen beds. Special in-room amenities include Complimentary Wired High-Speed Internet, refrigerator, microwave, 27-inch television, 2-line phone, data port, voice mail, coffee and coffeemaker, iron and ironing board and free local calls. Suites are also available with conversation area. Hotel features all non-smoking rooms, meeting space, complimentary signature Express Start breakfast, 24-hour fitness center, 24-hour business center, seasonal outdoor pool, guest laundry, business services and free morning paper. Warrenton hosts a variety of businesses, which include WTC, Greystone, F.A.A., VA Gold Cup Assocation, Fauquier Hospital, Airlie Center and the Nissan Pavilion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Warrenton
- Holiday Inn Express Warrenton
- Holiday Inn Warrenton
- Warrenton Holiday Inn