“Nice place to stay.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Warrenton
California
“Nice place to stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

The hotel was in a good location. The staff was friendly and attentive. The room was clean and in good condition. Not far from the downtown area, a mile or so. Nice shops and resturaunts in town. We stayed on the 3rd floor, right above the outdoor pool. No problems with noise (from the pool or the highway). The breakfast fare was somewhat limited, but was well stocked, and well attended by the staff. Parking was ample and complimentary. I would recommend this hotel for business or the family.

Room Tip: Third floor was quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GM_H0lidayInnExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
Dear d123_12,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate the high marks you gave us. We believe that great customer service, a clean and working room, and high quality products are the recipe for all of our guests to have a wonderful experience.

Thanks again,
Milan Patnaik

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

My stay at the Holiday Inn Express Warrenton was acceptable as far as what I expected from staying in a chain hotel of this size, though details kept this from being a place I'd recommend. The big benefit, I imagine, for many visitors is that pets are welcome here and we saw a few canines enjoying this rare perk.

We stayed here for a wedding wedding where all events were being held about thirty minutes south at Kelly's Ford, though the couple had secured a reduced wedding rate for this particular hotel. Our room was on the ground floor, which always has me a bit paranoid, as the front hotel walkway was directly outside of the windows and the drapes didn't exactly close completely without some help from a bobby pin. The room was clean, with a good number of electrical sockets and an iron/ironing board provided, as well as a hair dryer. The cleaning staff was quite pleasant, though the greeters working the front desk rarely smiled, whether that was when we checked in or when we requested WiFi information -- which, by the way, does not work terribly well in the rooms but works fine in the breakfast area. I didn't even look at the pool as my significant (in his wandering) other reported back that it was poorly situated, sticking out in to the back parking lot with an iron gate around it. Breakfast was nice and tidy, though, with several food options and some too-sugary-to-be-good-for-you-but-quite-tasty sticky buns.

Already I thought the room in general felt somewhat damp (then again, we were in Virginia during a rather wet weekend, so I was somewhat forgiving on this point), but the bathroom was a bit of a death trap. Even if you closed the bathroom door, the draft would still blow the flimsy shower curtain to the degree that inevitably the room flooded from shower (which was rather thin anyway) before you even realized the curtain had been blown aside. On top of that, all the condensation from even a warm shower in the damp atmosphere of the bathroom/room made the floors exceedingly slick. I nearly slipped and fell several times before I just covered the whole tile floor in towels. Also, it was slightly annoying that the large mirror over the sink and counter-top didn't line up with the sink -- I had to shuffle to the right to fully see myself in the mirror when using the sink and that involved actual shuffling, as I was standing on a towel so I wasn't on the slippery floor. At least the water pressure in the shower was heavenly.

Parking was plentiful, though to get to this Holiday Inn, you have to drive a bit through some twisting commercial/planned community areas to reach it -- and it's not immediately marked at the turn, so be sure to be looking up and beyond the immediate signage on the corner to spy it sitting back from the road a bit. Clearly this Holiday Inn Express is there to service quick visits to Warrenton, likely for those who are staying for business, as there's nothing really to see nearby. I doubt I would have selected this if it hadn't been the suggested spot for guests not staying at Kelly's Ford, as it had the reduced wedding rate and it was the pick-up point for shuttle service for wedding activities.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RedheadedWanderer
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
Dear RedheadedWanderer,

Thank you for leaving a considerate review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good points of your recent stay. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I hope that you do not let this experience tarnish your faith in us. We take our customer reviews very seriously and really use them to better ourselves in the future.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback. We hope that you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Jonesville, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

We have stayed at this hotel multiple times and we have been happy with the staff everytime! Katrina is excellent and so are the people working the breakfast area. The housekeeping staff is also wonderful! We have really enjoyed staying there each time! Keep up the great work!

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM_H0lidayInnExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
Dear Brittany B,

Thank you for all of your wonderful comments about our hotel in TripAdvisor. We definately have the most efficient and friendliest staff in Fauquier County. Katrina is an asset to our hotel and drives the bus when it comes to guest service and satisfaction.

Again, thank you for your wonderful comments.

Warrenton, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

I have stayed here twice on business. The first time was OK, but the rooms are very small, the bathroom is old. The second time stayed the room smelled like smoke, the tv remote did not have batteries so I had to ask for some, it took 5 minutes to get the air conditioner to come on, they had it set on heat 77 degrees in June! Then to top it off one of the employees came to my door knocked twice and then put the key card in the door and came in while I was sitting on the bed! I couldn't get over it, he said he was deliverying phone books, really what hotel does that at 4 in the afternoon. The next day after returning from a long day on the job I return to my room to find that they had deactivated my room key by mistake. I had to go to the desk and have them fix it so I could get in my room! This place sucks! I'm glad the job is paying for this crappy place and not me.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Anita M
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Dear Ms. Anita,

On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Warrenton I would like to extended my most heart felt apology to you for the situations you encountered during you last stay. Although we are a 100% non-smoking hotel, some of our guests take the liberty to smoke anyway. They are charged a $250 extra cleaning fee and we do our absolute best to ensure we have deodorized the room, washed all linens and drapery, srub the walls with baking soda, and then run an ozone machine for 8 hours to purify the air. I am sorry that the previous guest smoked in the room you stayed in and we could not remove all of the smoke odor. I also apologize for the tv remote not working appropriately, our housekeepers are instructed to check all lights, tv remotes, clock radios and A/C thermostats are set to the appropriate temperature for the season. We know how frustrating it can be when items in a guest room don't work. We will have to revisit this with our housekeeping staff.
Lastly, I would like to assure you that the safety and security of our guests are our number one priority. All of our staff are instructed to knock on guest room doors 3 times prior to opening the door, and then announcing which department they are in before they open the door all the way. Our maintenance technician was in charge of replacing outdated phone books as his daily project, meanwhile juggling the tasks of fixing miscellaneous items throughout the hotel. I believe the tasks of repairing hotel items delayed his phone book project and he had a few rooms left later in the day that needed phone books. I apologize that you were resting at 4pm and he distrubed you, we try to finish these types of projects by 3pm.

Again, thank you for your feedback, we appreciate all candid comments. It allows us to step back, think, and change the process of how we run the hotel for the best guest experience.

Windermere, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

On a Harley, staff let me park the bike in front where there were plenty of lights and eyes around. The room was clean, staff was friendly. I traveled from Florida, thought the fee for a nite was high, but only a couple of hotels in Warrenton, its their ballgame. Wifi was poor, but worked fine in the breakfast area. The breakfast was standard for today's "comes with breakfast" hotels. No restaurant or bar.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GM_H0lidayInnExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Dear DocWimer - Thank you for staying with us over the Memorial Holiday and thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am very happy that our staff was able to assist you in parking your motorcycle in front of the hotel where it was safe and sound. Our staff always goes above and beyond to accommodate all of our guests. Thank you also for letting us know that our rooms were very clean and comfortable. We had a few issues with the Wifi, but we had a technician arrive last Thursday and complete a wireless internet upgrade so our guests are now able to connect to the internet with ease and confidence.

Thanks again for your comments, we always appreciate hearing from our guests.

Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

Nothing serious wrong here, but then again nothing too inspiring. I don't know when the hotel was built, but it's been around awhile. The bathroom is where you can really see the age. Our room was adequate, but a bit on the small size. The heating and cooling is good, as you have a wall mounted thermostat. We usually have trouble with those units with the controls attached.
The breakfast was fine, but still not quite the standard we've found in other hotels of Holiday Inn Express. One thing we like about Holiday Inns – the breakfast rooms are spacious, with plenty of tables – spaced far enough apart.
Small pets allowed on first floor at a 25 dollar charge.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM_H0lidayInnExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Dear Willrude,

Thank you for your recent posting on TripAdvisor, we truly appreciate all the feedback we receive from all of our guests. We take each comment very seriously in an effort to improve the experience for all of our guests. The hotel is 7 years old, and we have just finished the new Holiday Inn Express & Suites brand relaunch. This entails a new and improved breakfast, new signage, updated bedding package with new pillows and linen. In addition our management staff and all of our team members take great pride in ensuring the hotel is clean, comfortable and well maintained. Most guests think our hotel is only 2-3 years old. I am also very happy to hear that you had an easy time adjusting the temperature in your room.

Thanks again for your comments,

Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

nice hotel, especially the suites. Great location for sightseeing outside of D.C. Lots of old historial towns in the area and not too far from Skyline Drive and the Luray Caverns. I would give the hotel 5 stars but their continental breakfast is not so good and their towels are scratchy.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lovestotravel1944
GM_H0lidayInnExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton, responded to this review, 14 November 2011
Dear Lovestotravel1944,

Thank you for your recent comments on TripAdvisor - we truly enjoy receiving all of our guests feedback. It is with comments such as yours that we can alter our practices and procedures at the hotel to ensure all of our guests have the best stay possible. We will look in to our breakfast items as well as the towels to ensure they are the very best quality. Again, thank you for staying with us.

Milan Patnaik
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrenton
Baymont Inn & Suites Warrenton
Hampton Inn Gainesville-Haymarket
WoodSpring Suites Gainesville
WoodSpring Suites Gainesville
#2 of 2 in Gainesville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas
Candlewood Suites Manassas

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton? Share your experiences!