“Poor Building Safety, Accidents Are Ok! Staff does not care” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Warrenton
cherry valley, ma
“Poor Building Safety, Accidents Are Ok! Staff does not care”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2008

Poor Building Safety
My room card didn't work on my second night there. I was forced to walk from the back of the building to the front entrance late at night. I got all the way up to my room just to find out my card didn't work on my room either. There were some intoxicated guests in the parking lot on my first night. I'd take that into consideration if you're female and planning on staying there alone.

Accidents are Ok!
I fell in the shower but was not hurt. I don't drink and am in pretty good shape. The checkout clerk didn't seem interested when I told her what had happened. You would think they would want to make sure the tub was clean and the traction strips in the tub were still good.

The Burden is on you to get things fixed:
Had to call 2 consecutive times to get the internet fixed and prove it wasn't my laptop to

Checkout Clerk does not care......
When I explained everything above and said i wouldn't be back, the clerk said " I can understand why you wouldn't want to stay here again, Is that the card you want to pay with?".

Corporate doesn't care: I complained and got a stock email and they are sending me $60 worth of generic coupons to make up for my $455 disaster.

• Disliked — Safety & Service
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
phoenixville, pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2008

On a trip through Virginia we decided to stop for the night here. Even though we didn't have reservations, the front desk was friendly and accomodating. The rooms was immaculate and the beds were just like sleeping at home. It exceeded our expectations and I was sorry we were only staying one night.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank pbeasley
Richmond, VA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2008

I stay(ed) at this hotel frequently on business...probably 15-25 nights a year. My company probably accounts for 125+ nights a year there.
I contacted the General Manager via telephone (twice), fax (once) and through a chargeback on my credit card asking her to call me. I wanted to discuss a billing issue with her. She never returned ANY of my calls.
As a result, I cancelled FOURTEEN subsequent nights' stays and asked her to call me with the cancellation numbers. She had a desk clerk call me.
She needs to get a new job!! Customer service is not her calling.
Needless to say, even though I earned Priority Club Gold status primarily at this hotel, I will no longer continue in the program and won't go near HIE in Warrenton again!

• Disliked — Lack of respect received as customer/priority gold/human being from GM
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2007

Our family vacation was highlighted by our stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Warrenton, VA. We traveled through Pennsylvania, Washington D.C, New York and Virginia. We have a membership with Hoilday Inn so we stayed in numerous Holiday Inn hotels and Hamptons during this time. The Warrenton, Virginia location is EXCEPTIONAL. It is a CLEAN, quiet, comfortable, WELL managed and well maintained facility. The rooms are spacious and well appointed.The staff is professional and friendly. The decor is welcoming. My parents, who are VERY difficult and fascitiouds, met us in Virginia. They loved this hotel and only said great things.
It is a bit difficult to find. There is a lot of security and I think that is because they are located in an area where there is little activity during the evening. I did not mind the security at all. Beware, it is a NO SMOKING facility and they are not kidding. When you check in, you must sign a document stating that if you smoke you will be charged $250.00 per day. My family does not smoke and we loved not smelling that stagnet odor of burning tobacco.This hotel manager and staff should be used to train other hotels. I hope this hotel never changes! i would return to Virginia just because of this hotel!!
Thank you Holiday Inn Express and Suites-Warrenton, VA
You're number 1 on my list!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank dogfood
michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2007

This is an excellent no-frills hotel. It's perfect place to stay while on the road to somewhere else. It is clean, clean, clean. And, as other reviewers have commented it is a very new property so there is little wear and tear on the place. They have a super serious no-smoking policy (you get charged if they find you have smoked in the room as they have to clean and de-tox the room for a couple days), so it is heaven for those of us who are non-smokers.

We got a AAA discount of $108 per night. I should add that some weekends in May the hotel is fully booked due to graduations and the like. We were lucky to get the room that we did, reserving one night in advance. By the time we arrived the hotel was sold out and they had turned away several travellers.

The hotel is not easy to find as it is nested in a neighborhood that is a mix of new-build housing and corporate buildings. It's off the main road so you really have to have directions in hand to find it. You won't see it from the main road.

Overall, a great holiday inn that exceeds the expecations for a one night stay. Would also be a good place to stay on business.

• Liked — Ultra clean accommodations. Nicely appointed, way above the normal holiday inn
  • Disliked — Nothing. It met our needs for a one-night stay en route to the Blue Ridge Mts.
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank pyegirl
Southwest Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2007

This is a relatively new hotel and is very clean and well managed. I made my reservation online through the Holiday Inn Website and check-in was flawless. The front desk staff was excellent and called me by name from check-in to checkout, and they reallygo the extra mile to make you feel welcome. The morning breakfast was the standard fare of cereals, pastries, coffee, juice and fruit, but it was very well attended and the coffee was fresh and very good, which is important to me in the mornings. The room was very clean and the beds were very well made. The only drawback is that this motel is in an office park and kind of hard to find but once there the Holiday Inn – Warrenton is an excellent place to stay.

• Liked — The hotel staff
  • Disliked — It was a little difficult to find
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled on business
1 Thank SneakinDeacon
Mountain View, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2006

Work sent me out to Warrenton, Virginia in October. Not exactly the nightlife capital of the Eastern US, but hey, they had an Outback.

This Holiday Inn is actually still a relatively new hotel so everything was still very clean. The Holiday Inns that I've stayed in recently have really done a good job cleaning themselves up, IC Hotels is doing a good job with them.

The front desk staff was pleasant, the rooms were clean and well-kept, the exercise room had some nice cardio equipment although I don't remember there being any free weights which is always disappointing.

At the Outback I was talking to some of the locals and they said the Holiday Inn was the newest and nicest hotel in Warrenton. If I had to go back, I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Liked — Very clean, easy driving distance to Shenandoah Nat'l Park to see the leaves change colors
  • Disliked — The elevator wasn't working for a day or two.
  • Tips/Secrets — Hot spot on a Friday night is Outback ;)
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled on business
4 Thank SDBryan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrenton
Baymont Inn & Suites Warrenton
Hampton Inn Gainesville-Haymarket
WoodSpring Suites Gainesville
WoodSpring Suites Gainesville
#2 of 2 in Gainesville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas
Candlewood Suites Manassas

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton? Share your experiences!