“Best bread and vibe”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best bread and vibe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Great Harvest in Warrenton is run by a fun and warm family that keeps it's employees happy and it's customers returning. The bread is baked from freshly ground wheat - enough said. The samples and music are superb. My only complaint would be the prices - I find them very high; out of reach for us commoners. That being said, it makes for the occasional splurge.

• Visited December 2013

New York City, New York
“2012 Review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Alright. I'm famous(infamous I suppose) for being picky. Whatever. I know what I like. Simple as that. One thing I'm not into are sweets, chocolate in particular. Hate chocolate. So sweet shops,etc are lost on me. Now, I DO like an oatmeal cookie here and there. Plain. No nuts, no raisens...I don't want a bunch o' crap in it. Plain. I had an oatmeal cookie at Great Harvest (in Bethesda or something) years ago and actually dug it.
Fast forward to now. They open the Warrenton spot which is close to my family's horse farm(who DOESN'T have a horse around there?). I call from Miami Beach and make a special request to have lots o' cookies shipped. Hey- when you're this picky and broccoli is your idea of comfort food, it's nice to find at least one goodie that you dig. The manager was just lovely...shipping cookies isn't something that's typically done, but I pleaded and explained that it's the onnnnlllyy oatmeal cookie I'll eat.
The cookies arrived safe and sound, and I happily snacked on Great Harvest yummy cookies in the heat of Miami Beach!
And by the way, when I was up for Thanksgiving, I went in and introduced myself to the manager's wife. She was super gracious and thanked me for my funny order. They're cool as can be. Go have some coffee and bread and or cookies!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank LulaBK
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Awesome Breads, Cookies and Muffins!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

This place always has GREAT snacks, treats, breads, muffins and a decent cup-o-joe too! They will quickly provide a healthy share of sample for you to try of anything in the store.

We really enjoy going in from time to time to try their newest baked goods. Right now, they have incredible pumpkin cookies and an awesome punkin chocolate chip muffin!

They have always provide quick, service with a smile too!

• Visited November 2013
“Great Coffee, Tasty Bread, Lovely Sweets, and a Wonderful Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

First, I have to start with the coffee - It is delicious, rich, flavorful and fresh. I understand they have this stuff custom roasted and it shows. Every cup is a pleasure to the palate, especially for those of us that drink it black. If you go to that Star place, come here instead and find out what coffee really tastes like when it is fresh and made properly.

The Bread and Sweets are absolutely wonderful. Unlike that star place, which pulls junk out of the freeze, everything here is made fresh of the best quality ingredients, and it is not unusual to find it warm from the oven. Scones, muffins, cookies are wonderful. My favorite is the apple pecan scone. WoW. Then there are the breads. Fabulous artisan loaves made fresh and unbelievably good.

This is a lovely place to come for a quiet cup of coffee. In the warm weather sit outside and enjoy this wonderful community that is Warrenton. In cooler weather there are tables inside that let you enjoy participating in what is clearly the best thing to happen to Warrenton in a long time.

• Visited November 2013
McLean, VA
“Delicious bread!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

Wandered by looking for something sweet while visiting downtown Warrenton. It was late afternoon, so I thought we may not get the best selection, but there was no shortage of treats! I asked for a sample of the cinnamon swirl bread and they gave me a whole slice. I actually felt kind of guilty b/c I thought well now I probably wouldn't buy it since I wouldn't want to eat a WHOLE LOAF. Wrong again. Ate the whole sample, bought a whole loaf, and don't want to share!

The bread was the most memorable, but the cinnamon twist was also very good and the organic green tea and coffee were delicious. Service was very friendly and welcoming. Can't wait to come back soon!

• Visited September 2013