“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Mexican
gainesville, va
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 12 February 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

There are so many better Mexican restaurants in the area. The service was slow and they were out of margaritas on-the-rocks, but they had frozen margaritas (huh??). I think they just didn't have a bartender. The food was mediocre and the fried ice cream was not fried ice cream but a scoop of vanilla on a fried tortilla (that is NOT fried ice cream).

Visited February 2014

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Been a while...”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

It's been a while since I've been here, but I wasn't impressed. If what they call authentic Mexican food is ground beef with no seasoning on an Old El Paso shell, then I guess they are authentic. But to me authentic doesn't mean "no flavor."

Visited March 2013
Gainesville, Virginia
“Real Mexican Food”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I travel to Mexico at least once or twice a year, so I know how real Mexican food should taste. This is as close as I've come in the United States. The wait is minimal and the food is excellent. Not as excited about the wait staff; not much personality and most remind me of the Soup Nazi on Seinfeld, but I can deal with it for the great food!

• Visited January 2014
“Surprised”
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

We stopped here after the place we originally wanted to go was closed. This is a must try, our meal was very good.

Amissville, Virginia
“Good Mexican food”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

A step closer to authentic Mexican cuisine than you'll find anywhere nearby. I enjoy the experience every time I go.

Visited October 2013