“Always a treat!!”

Inn at Little Washington
Reserve with OpenTable
Inn at Little Washington is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Washington
Price range: US$218 - US$218
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A Michelin Two Star, Forbes 5 Star, AAA 5 Diamond country house hotel retreat, The Inn at Little Washington presents exquisite American Cuisine with a French influence in a charming and sophisticated dining room. The sumptuous award-winning cuisine is accompanied by a Wine Spectator Grand Award wine cellar with over 2,500 selections.
“Always a treat!!”
Reviewed 29 December 2012

My husband and I have been lucky enough to dine at The Inn at Little Washington twice! We went once for our anniversary a couple of years ago and again for a birthday celebration recently. We got there a bit early and relaxed in the bar with a couple of drinks (I highly recommend the Cherry Bomb).

Once seated you are greeted by personalized menus, a small but lovely touch. The guests begin with a delicious amuse bouche and often a soup "shot" - I have had two different ones and they are amazing. For dinner your whole table may select the chef's menu of the day or individually you may select à la carte courses. I have included some photos of some of our favorite dishes from this recent visit: lamb carpaccio, squab, blackened tenderloin and the pecan pie ice cream sandwich. Everything was delectable!

If you would like to try a variety of wines you can request a wine pairing with your meal, the sommelier will review your dinner selections and pair accordingly or you may select a bottle of your own from their range of lovely wines. The service is absolutely impeccable - they are attentive without hovering, which is great! One could not ask for better staff.

I have read some negative comments regarding service, only being helpful to "richer" looking people, super pretentious etc... I don't believe this to be the case. If you are entertaining this establishment you are a foodie looking for a special experience. Twice I have been there and I have spoken with several other couples who have been more than once and NEVER have they witnessed poor treatment of guests - and it is intimate environment it would not be missed if it occurred, in my opinion. Please don't be deterred by these statements, it is such a wonderful experience and I recommend trying it at least once!

• Visited December 2012

Oakton, Virginia
“Expected too much :(”
Reviewed 28 December 2012

The Inn had been on our list for a few years and I really looked forward to celebrating my 50th birthday. Overall, our feeling was that it is too commercial.

The food was delicious, but a bit repetitive (the same winter vegetables with 2 of the courses I choose). My favorite dish was the young pidgeon. I loved my venision, but wish I had a larger portion and some starch to accompany it. It was served with just winter cabbages and as venision is so lean, it really needed a bit of richness. Husband loved his pheasant.

There was one table of diners where a woman at the table was very loud. I felt as though I was intruding on her private party.

Some cheesy/tacky elements: The toilet tissue has a gold label with "The Inn at Little Washington" and you receive a box in the shape of the Inn with some small bon-bons to take home. Seemed rather Disneyesque.

The sommelier was very helpful and her recommendations were perfect.

• Visited December 2012
Sharpsburg, Maryland
“Memorable Event”
Reviewed 16 December 2012

The Inn is so beautiful. Every details of the meal and service was perfect. Of course the meal and wine selections were exceptional as was the service.

Visited December 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Trifecta of a restaurant experience: food, atmosphere and service!”
Reviewed 14 December 2012

Be prepared for an utterly romantic experience! The lighting was perfect amongst the 18th century decor. The menus were personalized with our names and made for a great souvenir. There are a limited number of tables, so it feels cozy and intimate. I felt like we were the only two people in the world there. The food was magnificent, and the final course, the Seven Deadly Sins dessert, was impeccable. Well worth every penny because it is more than just a dinner.

• Visited July 2012
Maryland
“It really doesn't get any better than this. Really.”
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I've had The Inn At Little Washington on my bucket list for a while and finally went there with my wife for our wedding anniversary. From start to finish, the entire experience was top notch. We stayed the night, so we began our day with afternoon tea, which was tasty and lovely. We walked around the grounds to try to make room for dinner. When we arrived for dinner, everything was impeccable - service, food, drink. The icing on the cake was the personal time we were able to spend with Patrick - he stopped by our table and chatted with us, and then spent more time with us as we toured the kitchen after the meal. It was one of the most expensive evenings we've ever had, but worth every single penny. We had breakfast the next morning, and although I wasn't hungry at all, I found room for an insane lobster omelet. Unreal.

• Visited November 2012