“Excellent in Every Aspect”

Ranked #2 of 8 Washington B&B and Inns
Locust Dale, Virginia
“Excellent in Every Aspect”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We loved everything about the White Moose. Our reception was very warm and helpful and we appreciated the room upgrade that the manager arranged. We visited Washington,VA to celebrate my wife's birthday and an evening at the "Little Inn of Washington". All went as planned and we also enjoyed the breakfast the following morning. The "Moose" is only a block from the famous 'Little Inn"--is very quiet and has super beds. A carefree place to stay and a fraction of the cost of sleeping at the "Little Inn". HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Grace T, Manager at The White Moose Inn, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
We are so delighted that you and your wife had an excellent stay with us at the White Moose Inn, it was a great pleasure to have you as our guests. Glad that you literally enjoyed the bed and breakfast here.

Thank you for your glowing recommendation and for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I hope that you stay with us the next time you are in Washington, VA!

Best regards,
The White Moose Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Fairfax County, Virginia
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My husband and I stayed one night celebrating our anniversary. The White Moose Inn looks lovely from the outside and was very comfortable, clean and well cared for on the inside. Grace was our host and from the moment she greeted us until the moment we left, she made us feel as special guests! We highly recommend the White Moose Inn!

1 Thank Fair g
Thank you so much for the kind words and for taking the time to write a review, we greatly appreciate it! We are so glad that you chose to stay with at the White Moose Inn for your anniversary. I hope that you enjoyed your time out here because it was a pleasure to have you as our guests.

Thank you again and we hope that you will stay with us the next time you are in Washington, VA!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Clean as a whistle! All white rooms, fantastic, friendly and helpful staff. Ask them about Doug, the guy who will drive you around to winerys. A few suggestions: need clock radio in rooms, need some kind of shelf in bathroom so toiletries can be stored. Otherwise great. Wireless service is not available in the area but they have phones in the room.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Grace T, Manager at The White Moose Inn, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you so much for the helpful feedback, we do appreciate since we are still new! We are thrilled that you were able to visit the local vineyards and enjoyed your time being chauffeured. You are the first guests to use the service, we are so pleased that you had a great experience.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review! We hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip to Washington, VA.

NC
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We like B&B's for their ambience, uniqueness, and the ability to share experiences with fellow travelers. White Moose Inn easily met all three criteria. The place has very recently been decorated and it was upbeat, modern, super clean, and in a great location. We arrived just as wine (or other adult beverages) was being offered to the guests. A very pleasant way to start our stay. The two young ladies who work there-Sarah and Grace-were outstanding. Friendly, happy to answer any questions, and genuinely interested in your having a great stay. Our room was very comfortable, had all the amenities one would need, and quiet. Breakfast was also great, with a nice selection of (healthy) items. Grace was kind enough to pack a little snack for us to take with us when we left. Overall, a very pleasant experience and one we would enjoy experiencing again should our travels take us back to that area

Room Tip: We had the room in the back, main floor, with it's own entrance
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Grace T, Manager at The White Moose Inn, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the White Moose Inn. It is our goal to make sure that our guests have the most pleasant time while visiting Washington, VA. I hope the banana bread was a nice treat for your drive, Red Truck has great baked goods!

Thank you again for taking time out of your day to write such a wonderful review, we truly appreciate it! I hope that you stay with us the next time you come to Washington, VA.

Best regards,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is a FABULOUS place to stay. Don't hesitate and book your room now. This is our 4th time to Washington, VA to dine at the Inn at Little Washington. On two of our previous trips we had stayed at the Heritage House B&B, which is the former name of this Inn before they completely overhauled it. We loved seeing all of the changes the new owners have made. The beds and food were great! My husband loved that they had M&M's waiting for us in our room. It was fun to take one of the bikes out for a ride around town in the morning. Sara and Grace were so wonderful and gave us great advise on things to do.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Grace T, Manager at The White Moose Inn, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
We are so thrilled that you were able to see the changes to the inn! I'm glad you were able to relax and enjoy the features we have at the White Moose Inn, the beach cruisers allow guests to explore the beautiful town we are in.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, we truly appreciate it! We hope that you can stay with us again the next time you are out in Washington, VA.

Warmly,
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 26 July 2014

A day spent at the White Moose Inn started out as just a way to save money. We had an anniversary dinner planned at the Inn at Little Washington and thought we would just rough it overnight so as not to spend a fortune for a comfy bed. The White Moose Inn turned out to be the highlight of our trip (Yes the dinner at the Inn was fabulous). The place is spotless, full of great books, snacks and decor. The rooms are a good size, the beds are incredibly comfortable and the baths well appointed. Our hostess, Grace, was so pleasant and a great source of local information. Breakfast, provided by the Red Truck Bakery, was so good that we stopped by the main bakery in Warrenton (about 30 minutes down the road) to pick up gifts and supplies on the way home. From now on any meals at the Inn will be accompanied by a stay for us at this excellent B&B.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John H
Grace T, Manager at The White Moose Inn, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It was a pleasure to host you here at the White Moose Inn while celebrating your anniversary. Red Truck bakery does have wonderful items and we are glad that you enjoyed them enough to visit them on your way back to Virginia.

I hope that you stay with us again the next time you come out to Washington, VA.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is an OLD town. The people, the places, everything... is VERY old... which is fine, but I'm not old, so the younger, hipper vibe of the Moose and its staff was refreshing. I happened to be passing through Washington on business and booked the cottage for the day before to enjoy some R&R... best decision ever. Checked in around 3:30pm on a Thursday, took the Inn Manager's advice and walked over to Tulas to enjoy a glass of vino (excellent new bar in town- enjoyed one of the best cobb salads I've ever had the following day for brunch, and the owner and bartender were both very friendly), came back to the Moose around 5pm to enjoy a complimentary happy hour where the Inn Manager treated me to a drink and personal tour of the Inn at Little Washington's public grounds. By the way, she was able to do this for me because I was the only guest at the inn that night... note to self: stay here on a weeknight! After a relaxing hour of drinks, she called the Inn at Little Washington and assisted in getting me a reservation for dinner, where I had one of the best meals of my life (which by the way was expensive, but not nearly as bad as everyone in town made it out to be.. when they handed me the bill it was about half as much as I expected.. score!). Dinner put me right into a food coma where I retreated to my sanctuary they call The Cottage. Woke the next morning and enjoyed a delicious complimentary breakfast on the back porch of the Moose (see pic). Went for a nice long jog through town, showered up, and headed out to my meeting. Was the perfect stay. To top things off, I forgot something in my room and the Inn Manager was kind enough to contact me and pop it in the mail. Service was top notch. When I booked this trip I never imagined passing through Washington again. After this experience, though, I will make sure to find a reason to come back, although next time I'll be sure to bring an umbrella... a story for another day...

Room Tip: The rooms at the Moose are great, but the cottage is definitely the way to go if you can swing it.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Mike V
Sara L, General Manager at The White Moose Inn, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review Mike! It was our pleasure to host you and we are delighted that you enjoyed yourself. We hope to see you again soon at the Moose!
Kind Regards, The White Moose Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington
The Mimslyn Inn
#1 of 1 in Shenandoah National Park
Walden Hall
Walden Hall
#1 of 6 in Culpeper

Been to The White Moose Inn? Share your experiences!