Middleton Inn
Royal Inn Motel(Front Royal)
US$62
US$75
Skyland(Shenandoah National Park)
US$182
  • Restaurant
Front Royal Motel(Front Royal)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$55
US$77
US$70
US$67
Orbitz.com
All reviewsmary annchurchill roomsconesfront porchmy husband and igracious hospitalitythe barnworking fireplaceb bsweeping viewsfriendly petsnice furnishingscouple blocksfruit cupcharming townmodern bathsitting room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Mary Ann and the staff at the Middleton Inn helped my wife and I have a fairy-tale 4th anniversary.

The experience was personalized. Upon entering our room, a complimentary bottle of champagne, ice, and lovely card were there waiting for us.

The service was by far the best we have ever experienced. We had dinner reservations at the Inn at Little Washington, but I had forgotten my dress shoes at home. We mentioned it to Mary Ann in the first morning before we went out for the day, and she said she would call around to other hotels to see if I could borrow a pair. To our pleasant surprise, she went out a bought a pair for me. Thanks to her, I didn't go to one of the best restaurants on the east coast in my flip flops. She also mailed a pair of my wife's shoes she had left in the room after the weekend was over (I'm not the only one who had trouble remembering shoes that weekend).

We also loved the tasty breakfasts, which were served in a sunlit colonial room and were fresh and delicious.

The staff at the Inn were also really helpful at answering all our questions about the area.

The beds were comfortable, the rooms beautiful, the extensive property gorgeous.

Thanks to the Inn for such an amazing experience. We'd give it 7 stars if we could.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

My family and I enjoyed a delightful getaway to the Middleton Inn earlier this month. We were only there for a day, but could easily have spent more time. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, and they offer all the contemporary conveniences. Yet the Inn itself retains its 18th century floor plan and historic charm. The views are spectacular, as are the breakfasts. The proprietor, Mary Ann, is warm, welcoming and knowledgable. Middleton makes a great base for exploring the national park, the Shenandoah valley, and the area's wineries.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank dhfeld
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I can't say enough about this inn...we've been to many B&Bs and this one really stands out. To help celebrate my husband's birthday, we were upgraded to the log cabin and were welcomed with a wonderful bottle of champagne and cheese. The owner, Mary Ann, was exceedingly warm and hospitable as well as informative about the many activities available within the Shenandoah area. The lovely decor and attention-to-detail was so comforting; the experience really helped us leave our DC-based hectic lives behind for a few days. I can't recommend this inn enough!

Room Tip: the log cabin is lovely, quiet, and private if you'd space away from the main house.
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We were going to the Inn at Little Washington for our anniversary and decided to stay at the Middleton. We are very glad we did and will most definitely return!

Driving up to the Middleton, we fell in love with the historic house and beautiful setting up on the hill. When we arrived we were immediately welcomed by Jeanne (and several cats), who told us about the wine and cheese happy hour and showed us to our room (which was beautiful). We were really impressed to find a chilled bottle of champagne and flutes with a “Happy Anniversary” note from Mary Ann, the owner. What a nice touch and great beginning to our stay!

We enjoyed the champagne on the front porch overlooking the mountains and made friends with Lacey and Squire (the yellow labs) and Little Bush – a rescue cat with loads of personality! Jeanne told us that Mary Ann rescues cats in the area and that the 2 horses on the property are living out their retirement (I’d like to be them!). I think that is an amazing thing to be doing and it made me love the Middleton even more!

Our breakfast the next morning was delicious – scones, fresh fruit and an asparagus with gruyere frittata…It capped off a lovely stay at the Middleton. This was our first B&B experience and it definitely set the bar very high for all other B&B’s!

1  Thank Suelo7
Reviewed 6 August 2012

The Middleton Inn is a perfect place to escape from busy washington. The inn is located in a lovely charming town. We rented the cottage next to the inn, which was decorated in an elegant country style and very comfortable with great views. The bed was really good, the internet was very fast, there was a good coffee machine and really nice towels and bathrobes. After our return from hiking cheese and complementary cold wine was waiting for us in the cosy living. The owner was very charming and gave the privacy we wished for. Breakfast was nice and served in the main house. The Inn is quite close to the shenandoah park which has numerous hiking trails and to really good restaurants and a lovely bakery! I would love to return here.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends