“What a luxurious, delightful place!”
Review of Middleton Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Washington
Middleton Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Washington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Middleton Inn for three nights at the end of March. It is perfectly appointed
and perfectly managed by owner Mary Ann Kuhn. Every detail is covered. Lovely fires in every room, turn down service, professionally ironed sheets, water and ice in each room, afternoon wine and cheese, elegant breakfast, and beautiful grounds. I can't say enough about the luxurious and lovely inn.

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed 18 February 2013

We couldn't be happier with our stay at the Middleton. Perfect hot ginger scones for breakfast, friendly yellow Labs to play fetch with, recommendations on things to do in town and down the road in Sperryville... Mary Ann is a warm and easygoing host. Highly recommended if you are eating at the Inn at Little Washington (a three-minute walk) or just want a weekend in the country.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2013

This is one of the loveliest Inn's I have encountered in my world travels. The rooms, the service the ambience - it has it all. I love that it is in such a lovely country town with beautiful places to amble....
Top notch!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Middleton Inn is conveniently located just a few blocks' walk from the Inn of Little Washington. It is also close to charming gift & antique shops and a short drive from several wineries. We enjoyed spectacular views and wonderful service at this historic inn. As we arrived, we were first greeted by friendly dogs and delightful cats. Then we were greeted by the caretaker, who showed us to our room and invited us to a wine and cheese reception. Mary Ann, the owner, had left us a “Happy Anniversary” note along with chilled champagne and flutes in our room. We had a very relaxing time and met several interesting couples during our stay. The best part of all was the breakfasts! Each morning, we were treated like royalty to a gourmet three-course breakfast, made with the freshest ingredients. I can't say enough good about the chef; I truly enjoyed the "best breakfasts ever" at the Middleton Inn!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2012

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Middleton Inn. Mary Ann treated us like royalty and the breakfast was delicious. We recommend staying in the cottage, although the rooms in the main house looked very nice, too.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2012

My wife and I Have stayed at some very nice b&b's over the years. We chose this one for our anniversary and it did not disappoint! From the charm of the house to the complimentary champagne to celebrate our anniversary to the warmth of Mary Anne and her staff to to the wonderful breakfast, everything was perfect. Additionally, we ended up with a flat and Mary Anne arranged for someone to come fix it on a Sunday morning at the house - given no place was open in the area, this was very much appreciated. While we waited, we had a chance to talk with the chef, Jeffrey, who is a super nice guy. I'd highly recommend this b&b. My wife and I are already talking about booking the cottage or cabin and bringing the entire fam....

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Mary Ann and the staff at the Middleton Inn helped my wife and I have a fairy-tale 4th anniversary.

The experience was personalized. Upon entering our room, a complimentary bottle of champagne, ice, and lovely card were there waiting for us.

The service was by far the best we have ever experienced. We had dinner reservations at the Inn at Little Washington, but I had forgotten my dress shoes at home. We mentioned it to Mary Ann in the first morning before we went out for the day, and she said she would call around to other hotels to see if I could borrow a pair. To our pleasant surprise, she went out a bought a pair for me. Thanks to her, I didn't go to one of the best restaurants on the east coast in my flip flops. She also mailed a pair of my wife's shoes she had left in the room after the weekend was over (I'm not the only one who had trouble remembering shoes that weekend).

We also loved the tasty breakfasts, which were served in a sunlit colonial room and were fresh and delicious.

The staff at the Inn were also really helpful at answering all our questions about the area.

The beds were comfortable, the rooms beautiful, the extensive property gorgeous.

Thanks to the Inn for such an amazing experience. We'd give it 7 stars if we could.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington
The Mimslyn Inn
The Inn at Little Washington
Skyland
Skyland
#1 of 1 in Shenandoah National Park

Been to Middleton Inn? Share your experiences!