“Now with my lady”

The Purple Foot
Ranked #12 of 94 Restaurants in Waynesboro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Hampton, Virginia
“Now with my lady”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

After a frantic weekend at my alumni meeting, I introduced my lady to The Purple Foot. She had the quiche and I had one of my favorites, Reuben Pita to Pay Paul. Despite the fact the dining room was crowded and the patio was closed by the weather, service was very quick. We both enjoyed our selections. I can't stress enough to travelers that this is a great stop for lunch.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank GrandpaGene

Milton, Georgia
“So glad we stopped.”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Determined to avoid fast food restaurants on our latest trip we did research on Tripadvisor for places along the way from Atlanta to DC. Not far off Interstate 81 is Waynesboro, VA and the Purple Foot restaurant (maybe 10 mins at most). Easy to find and see - it's purple. Like others have mentioned it's only opened for lunch but it's a bit above just a sandwich shop. Reminds me more of an European bistro. Especially when dining outside. Lovely garden setting with hanging flower baskets. The staff were very patient as we poured over a large menu deciding on roast beef and brie on a warm Kaiser roll for me and a seafood crepe for my husband, and since he was driving I opted for a glass of wine. It really couldn't have been a nicer lunch. I can't tell you how many people my husband told about it during our visit in DC. It was really that unique. We'd both return in a heartbeat

1 Thank Toni B
Kilmarnock, Virginia
“Different...but fun”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I've had lunch twice at the Purple Foot. A neat place with al fresco dining, weather permitting. Great sandwiches with quirky names ...not so large you can't eat them. The outside patio is preferred seating... very secluded and relaxing. I don't know about other meals, but lunch is fun.

Wallace, North Carolina
“good sandwich shop for lunch”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Stopped by for lunch last weekend. Only open from 11:00-2:00. Serves a variety of sandwiches on various breads. Had the seafood and chedder on croisant, interesting flavors and very fresh, my wife had the chicken salad sandwich which she thought was very good. Reasonably priced.ps my wife actually worked at this restaurant 34 years ago when we lived in that town, so they must be doing something right to be in business that long.

Virginia
“Good food”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Fresh good food, open for lunch, they have a small boutique to by wines and gift. Easy access. I recommend.

• Visited June 2013