“Peaceful Lunch Getaway”
Review of The Purple Foot

The Purple Foot
Ranked #12 of 101 Restaurants in Waynesboro
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is a great place for lunch! Affordably priced and with a good menu selection. Be sure to eat outside in the cottage style garden. It's very peaceful with a water fountain and lovely landscape. The perfect setting to enjoy good company a glass of wine and good food!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Traveling the Blue Ridge Parkway we went looking for lunch and fortunately stumbled on the Purple Foot. It has a most interesting assortment of food, with a bit of a German influence; my wife had a great panini and I had a wonderful crepe. There was free wifi access which was a nice plus. In addition to indoor seating there was a nice garden patio. Highly recommended!

1  Thank jcrystal
Reviewed 28 May 2014

You can grab a healthier option here. Their hours are limited so check before you go (not your typical restaurant hours) Menu has a good selection, they take your order at the register and bring you your food which is a bit odd but works for them. Can't tell from the outside but they have a nice patio to each on. Friendly staff, good food, resonably priced... what more can you ask for.

1  Thank Sunshine6_62
Reviewed 10 February 2014

After a frantic weekend at my alumni meeting, I introduced my lady to The Purple Foot. She had the quiche and I had one of my favorites, Reuben Pita to Pay Paul. Despite the fact the dining room was crowded and the patio was closed by the weather, service was very quick. We both enjoyed our selections. I can't stress enough to travelers that this is a great stop for lunch.

1  Thank GrandpaGene
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Determined to avoid fast food restaurants on our latest trip we did research on Tripadvisor for places along the way from Atlanta to DC. Not far off Interstate 81 is Waynesboro, VA and the Purple Foot restaurant (maybe 10 mins at most). Easy to find and see - it's purple. Like others have mentioned it's only opened for lunch but it's a bit above just a sandwich shop. Reminds me more of an European bistro. Especially when dining outside. Lovely garden setting with hanging flower baskets. The staff were very patient as we poured over a large menu deciding on roast beef and brie on a warm Kaiser roll for me and a seafood crepe for my husband, and since he was driving I opted for a glass of wine. It really couldn't have been a nicer lunch. I can't tell you how many people my husband told about it during our visit in DC. It was really that unique. We'd both return in a heartbeat

1  Thank Toni B