“Great staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Waynesboro

Days Inn Waynesboro
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Waynesboro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Henrietta, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We normally stay away from Days Inn's from past experience, but this hotel had great reviews and rates so for a one night stay we gave it a try. I am very glad we did. The location is only about 5 miles from the Blueridge Parkway right off of the expressway. We were greeted by one of the nicest front desk people I have ever meet. Jason answered all the questions we had with knowledge and a great deal of help. He knew about delivery food, the location and even brought us pool towels when we needed them. The hotel has been renovated and it shows. The rooms are very large and clean. The have everything you need in the room. Our room faced the pool and mountains, great view. The pool area was very large and clean, had everything you need. They also have a area with a grill and picnic tables for the guests to use. The breakfast was more than a normal continental and very good. Days Inn has redeemed themselves with this location.

Room Tip: the pool side has views of the mountains as well as the pool. The other side is just the parking lot...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

After a very long & grueling day, we had a late start for what has become one of many return trips back to UVA Medical Center. (From previous trips to UVA, we knew all too well why the less expensive Hotels had such POOR Reviews!) Enroute, I called several Hotels in the immediate Charllotesville area, only to hear, "No Vacancies!" At 10:30 PM, we were exhausted & had no idea where we were going to stay! As we were passing Exit 94, my family member said "There are some nice Hotels here!" Since we were only 30 miles from Charlottesville, I took the next exit & headed back to Exit 94. The parking lot at Days Inn, was full, so I was prepared to hear, "No vacancies!". I asked if they had a room available for 2 nights on ground level. I thought I heard the Angels sing, when I was told, "I have1 left!" When told the price of the room, I asked if that was per night, & could not believe my ears when I heard, "No honey, that's your total!" I told her I paid more than that PER NIGHT in Charlottesville! I can honestly say this is, by far, one of the nicest places we have ever stayed! Also, it is only 0.4 mile to I-64. The drive to Charlottesville is absolutely breath taking & it's only 23 miles to Exit 118 B onto Route 29 North, & then only 3 more miles to the UVA Hospital! While making reservations for the next schedule appointment, I was told that since we were coming down to the UVA Hosp, we would get a Hospital Discount Rate! I knew then that the Angels WERE singing, & Days Inn in Waynesboro was now our new "2nd Home"!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Hike_in_the_Smokies
Chesapeake, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

The last time I was in Waynesboro, I stayed at the Best Western and had no air conditioning for 2 days.

My wife and I decided to stay here for 2 nights while we rode the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive on our Gold Wing Trike. The staff was exceptional and very accommodating regarding leaving our trailer in the parking lot while we rode.

This is an older hotel and the stairs seemed a little rickety going to the 2nd floor. They did have a pool that was large and the water was clear and cold.

When I checked in, I asked for a king room on the 1st floor but all the kings were located on the 2nd floor. The room was clean and cool when we walked in after a 4 hour ride in 90 degree heat. I could not get the coffee maker to work nor the lamp where the coffee maker was located. I mentioned this when I checked out and the said they were sorry about that, some of the rooms had outlets that were controlled by wall switches; this may have been one of them. The shower water pressure fluctuated for a few seconds when other travelers flushed the toilet.

We walked down to the breakfast room the next morning and have to say there was not much to offer 2 people who were going to ride the mountains all day. We decided to eat out in town. The breakfast room was about the size of a room, nothing fancy. Mainly offered pastries and frozen omelets that could be microwaved.

The location of the hotel is tricky getting into the parking lot. It is located off Rosser Ave and you have to make a very tight right turn to get into the parking lot; you have to go through a Shoney's and a Wendy's parking lot to get to the hotel. The parking lot is spacious and well lighted.

There was a sign out front stating room renovations were completed but I did find some minor cosmetic items that could have been done better but they didn't affect our stay.

After returning to the room after riding the Blue Ridge Parkway in 95 degree heat, our room felt like a freezer; it was wonderful.

Overall, we had a clean, cool, and a large room for a good price. There are plenty of restaurants in the area to choose from. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: No king size beds on the 1st floor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Zach B
Newport News, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

The recent renovations are nice. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. The showers are a bit dated, but clean and have good water pressure. The location and style lend to a bit of a noisy stay, but for the overall value, it isnt an issue, I booked a room here for myself and my parents.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Gregory C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
Comfort Inn Waynesboro
Hampton Inn Waynesboro / Stuarts Draft
Red Roof Inn Staunton
Red Roof Inn Staunton
#7 of 15 in Staunton

Been to Days Inn Waynesboro? Share your experiences!