“Average”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Waynesboro
Traveler
“Average”
Reviewed 14 April 2008

I may have got lucky....I say this after having read the previous reviewer's comments. My room wasn't too bad. At $64.77 (including tax) I guess this would get an 'average' rating by me...maybe a tad overpriced for what you get but what are you going to do.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Elbridge, NY
Reviewed 2 December 2006

On Nov 9th, 2006, We stopped and checked out the room. Found it to be very nice and clean. It was a quiet area. Manager friendly. We ended up booking for a 2nd night and came back after sightseeing. Would definitely stay again when we are in the area. This is a nice stopoff point for us when we go to Chatanooga, Tn. We also stayed at Super 8's in Mayfield, Ky and Columbus, Oh.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — location could of been easier to reach from main road.
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 October 2005

I spent 8 hours driving from Ohio to Waynesboro, VA and was really looking to relax in a comfortable bed and a clean room. I instead walked into a motel that was so unsanitary the Board of Health should have been called in to shut it down. I can understand a couple of rooms that were not cleaned, but what I witnessed just appalled me. I was the only vehicle in the motel parking lot and I did not see any other guests staying there. I thought it was kind of odd, but I just thought it was a slow day. The desk clerk gave me my scan key to my room and I started wondering why I was being put on the third floor if I'm the only one here? As I walked to the landing I noticed every room on the first floor had the doors standing open and every room was not clean. I continued to the second floor and the same thing. Every room had the door open and the room had not been cleaned. I continued to the third floor, guess what!! Every room had the door standing open and was not cleaned except for 4 doors. I happened to have one of these 4 rooms. I walked into my room and the smell nearly took my breath away. I wouldn't have been able to stay in that room if my life depended on it. The thought of 100 other rooms being left uncleaned for how long just made my stomach churn.

That was enough for me. I walked back down to the front desk and told the desk clerk I was not going to stay. I never told him why and he never asked. Instead, he took my card receipt, tore it into 4 pieces and threw it back at me. Normally I would have been upset about this, but I just wanted out of there.

This Motel's management evidently doesn't care about the Super 8 name. I have stayed at plenty of other Super 8 motels and have never had a problem. I will continue to stay at the Super 8 chain, just not the one in Waynesboro, Virginia.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Waynesboro hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
Days Inn Waynesboro
Residence Inn Waynesboro
Residence Inn Waynesboro
#2 of 9 in Waynesboro
Hampton Inn Waynesboro / Stuarts Draft

Been to Super 8 Waynesboro? Share your experiences!