“The room was clean, the staff was very helpful and the...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Super 8 Waynesboro

Super 8 Waynesboro
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Waynesboro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Chesapeake, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

First of all, the manager was okay until I said I had a pet (which they accept); he then sort of angrily scoffed and got a disgusted look on his face. Then I noticed a sign that said "No refunds after check-in, must inspect rooms first:, which I thought was odd, but with all the great reviews the hotel has received recently I chose to ignore it. My mistake.
As far as the hotel room...The "ground floor" requires you to take 4 steps down (the 2nd floor is 4 steps up!). This is not good when you have both a disabled person and a partially disabled dog. (I had to carry my 45 lb. dog up and down each time I brought him outside to potty!) The room appeared clean-ish at first glance, but then I looked closer. Also, my dog found three different mystery "things" to eat off of the floor in the first 10 minutes of being in the room. The bathroom was not up to par either. The tub floor had black stuff (mold, I assume) all around the edges of the safety mat and the toilet paper on the roll had only five sheets left on it (they really couldn't afford to put a new one on?) And when we went to the front desk to ask for another roll, the manager grimaced at our request! The bed was hard and lumpy. The hallways wreaked of cigarette smoke (we had a "non" smoking room). Not to mention, the fridge didn't work.
All in all, I would have to say "stay away!" from this hotel if you're in the area. I am really confused how they got so many good reviews recently. I should've trusted my gut. Live and learn :)

Room Tip: there is no "real" ground floor. stay away if you have someone in your group that can'...
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

I booked online through Expedia for a non-smoking room. We arrived at the hotel at about 9 p.m. During check-in, I specified that I wanted a non-smoking room (as per booking) and was did not get one. The man at the reception's reply was very unprofessional and rude. He said "Unfortunately, that is what you get when you book through a third party website!". I have never come across anyone managing a hotel like that. Truly a bad experience. The room was dirty, really horrible. I could smell cigarette smoke even before I enter the room.

1 Thank ferrah04

Travellers are raving about these Waynesboro hotels

Midlothian
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

VDOT apparently TRIED to ruin this motel's access re-engineering Route 340, but instead, placed it at the end of a cul-de-sac. The staff is considerate and attentive and VERY responsive to your personal comfort while staying there. We WILL return to this super 8 !

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Columbia Md
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

We ended up here by default because there was nothing available in Lexington, our destination. Didn't expect much of a Super 8, but was pleasantly surprised. Room was clean and comfortable. Space for hanging clothes was limited, but that's because a mini-fridge and microwave were in the way. Strong WiFi signal and surprisingly good and varied breakfast were included. Innkeeper lives on-site.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
Days Inn Waynesboro
Residence Inn Waynesboro
Residence Inn Waynesboro
#3 of 9 in Waynesboro
Hampton Inn Waynesboro / Stuarts Draft

Been to Super 8 Waynesboro? Share your experiences!