Holiday Inn Express Waynesboro - Rt. 340
QualityInn
US$80
Residence Inn Waynesboro(Waynesboro)
US$215
Comfort Inn Waynesboro(Waynesboro)(Great Value!)
US$98
Hotels.com
US$80
US$129
Hotels.com
Sleep Inn Staunton(Staunton)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$91
Priceline
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshi expresspancake machinefamily suiteopen hoursfree breakfastpool and hot tubsausagethe breakfast arealots of restaurantsthe blue ridge parkwayvisiting familyshower curtainskyline drivedesk clerkcomfortable bedyogurtparking lot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 May 2011

In town for a wedding, and read reviews on tripadvisor for HEI. Glad that I did. Everyone at the hotel goes above and beyond to make sure the stay is pleasant, and always with a smile. Specifically, Andrea at the front desk was helpful with our requests.

Breakfast is great; has fruit, sausage, eggs, etc.

Room was clean, lobby is a nice spot to relax as well.

Once you get past the quirky setup of the building (built into the side of a hill, so lobby on 2nd floor) it's easy to get around.

Also, the business center is tucked away and quiet if you need to get some work done (like handicap the Kentucky Derby).

Overall great stay!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank PolishRifle12
Reviewed 3 May 2011

After a long drive was not certain what to expect but was very pleasantly surprised. Great room, very polite and helpful staff, nice facilities (pool etc) and finished off with a wonderful Breakfast the next morning. Great stay for which I thank them.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Doolish
Reviewed 29 April 2011

I have stayed at this hotel many times on business, and recently stayed there with my family as a stop on the way to South Carolina.

I have a soft spot for this hotel. One of the first times I stayed there, I was in search of the cemetery where my grandmother is buried, but there was a discrepancy in the name I had. One of the people at the desk knew someone who worked for the city of Waynesboro and made a call. I was given info on where the cemetery was, and also who to see when I got there who could point me to the exact plot! I have paid my respects to my grandmother several times since. I wanted to tell the hotel management, but the person asked me not to because they didn't want to get in trouble for making a personal call! Well, I'm not going to reveal the person's name or even gender, but if management reads this and somehow figures out who it is, I hope that person won't get in trouble for it. I am very grateful.

I have always found the hotel clean, quiet, and well maintained. It has THE BEST continental breakfast I have had (they have french toast, which I am partial to).

My only complaint from this last visit is that they seem to have removed some tables from the lobby/breakfast area. As a result, seating was a bit tighter than I remember and my family was not able to sit together. Still, I will still stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank hamiltzp
Reviewed 20 April 2011

This was a very clean, updated, and pleasant Holiday Inn Express not too far from my ultimate destination--Monticello near Charlottesville, VA (about 30 min. away).

The room was large, clean, and noise-free. Parking at the hotel was ample. The continental breakfast was pretty much the standard Holiday Inn Express fare.

My only issue was with the receptionist when I checked in at around 8:30 PM. He may have been a new employee in need of additional training, but he didn't know how to check me in using my Priority Club card. It took nearly 15 minutes to check in; using the card, it should have taken just a few. When I commented to the staff the following morning, they were apologetic and promised to investigate.

Aside from that little hiccup, it's a great hotel that I would stay at again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank zed1958
Reviewed 5 April 2011

I had a great two-night stay at this hotel. I only was planning on one night, but bad weather (rain and winds) kept me from mounting my motorcycle and heading south for my next destination.

From the moment I arrived I was treated like a prince. Michelle was on the front desk when I arrived. She handled everything immediately and even gave me nice snacks because of HIE Priority status. I had a very quiet room on the ground (1st) floor.

The staff at this HIE showed its true worth the next morning when I was ready to leave. A physical problem with my bike caused the front desk staff and maintenance staff to swing into action to help me. I had to have a contractor come to the HIE to work on my bike, and Michelle worked with the staff to get me everything I needed to get the problem resolved. They really pitched in.

Overall, this is a fine, clean place with an attentive staff which evidently feels pride in its work. Their leadership is clearly good because each staff person whom I met during my stay was pleasant, cordial and interested.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank ExGMan
hiegmgr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Waynesboro - Rt. 340, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2011

Thank You very much for your kind words! We do try very hard to make everyone's stay the best. We do look forward to your return to our hotel.