“finders keepers/dungeon”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Waynesboro
Chester
“finders keepers/dungeon”
Reviewed 7 July 2011

My daughter left her bathing suit behind and I phoned a few days later and informed them I'd be traveling back to the area to retrieve the suit. The night clerk inidcated it was not in lost in found and that she'd check with housekeeping and someone would phone me. I followed up a week later and got the same story but no one every phoned me. I went to the hotel to find no action was ever taken and no one every talked to housekeeping. There was no record of the brand new suit in lost and found so the maids are finders and keepers. Not folks you'd want in your rooms when not around. Additonally, the rug in our basement room was totally damp and the the clerk indicated it had not been cleaned and that a cooler had probably drained --- but all over the rug??? In all the HI Epress hotels I've stayed, NONE of the bathroom fans work. Needless to say, I am now in a Hyatt Place. What an upgrade for the same pricing point.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Boomer1967

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Mineola, New York
Reviewed 3 July 2011

I had occasion to stay at this hotel while visiting family and attending a family celebration along with other invited family and friends. We all raved about this hotel. It is first rate from management to desk personnel to housekeeping. The rooms were stellar clean, and comfortable. The Staff could not have been more accommodating and friendly. The full hot complimentary breakfast was awesome. Something that particularly caught my attention was the fact that the room card key actually worked every single time....something that I have rarely experienced in even larger and more luxurious hotels. I would definitely recommend this hotel above all others in Waynesboro and will stay there again should the need arise.

Room Tip: All rooms are
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Boston
Reviewed 26 June 2011

We stayed here after a day driving through the Shenandoah National Park. This hotel was clean and comfortable. I would recommend this place for those in the area looking for a nice place to stay.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Broomes Island, Maryland
Reviewed 13 June 2011

After a two night stay on Memorial Day Weekend, I left the hotel with severe bed bug bites completely down the left side of my body - face to ankles. Dr's office told me the bed had to be invested for me to have as many bites as I did.

I called the hotel to report that room 117 was infested and NO ONE from the hotel called back. Had to call the corporate office to file and report.

DO NOT STAY at this hotel for they did not want to address the problem at hand. When staying at any hotel, I will check under the matress for any sign of bugs.

Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank sama714
West Manchester, Ohio
Reviewed 26 May 2011

We stayed on Friday, April 29th for one night at HIE Waynesboro on our way to the Outer Banks. We requested 2 Queens with our reservation and upon arrival were upgraded to a King jacuzzi suite. It was one of the nicest rooms we've ever stayed in...very clean, very quiet and a comfortable bed. The desk clerk was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank obx4sure
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed 14 May 2011

In town for a wedding, and read reviews on tripadvisor for HEI. Glad that I did. Everyone at the hotel goes above and beyond to make sure the stay is pleasant, and always with a smile. Specifically, Andrea at the front desk was helpful with our requests.

Breakfast is great; has fruit, sausage, eggs, etc.

Room was clean, lobby is a nice spot to relax as well.

Once you get past the quirky setup of the building (built into the side of a hill, so lobby on 2nd floor) it's easy to get around.

Also, the business center is tucked away and quiet if you need to get some work done (like handicap the Kentucky Derby).

Overall great stay!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank PolishRifle12
Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK
Reviewed 3 May 2011

After a long drive was not certain what to expect but was very pleasantly surprised. Great room, very polite and helpful staff, nice facilities (pool etc) and finished off with a wonderful Breakfast the next morning. Great stay for which I thank them.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Doolish
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
Best Western Plus Waynesboro Inn & Suites Conference Center
Hampton Inn Waynesboro / Stuarts Draft
Best Western Staunton Inn
Best Western Staunton Inn
#3 of 15 in Staunton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Waynesboro - Rt. 340? Share your experiences!