“Surprised!”

Holiday Inn Express Waynesboro - Rt. 340
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Waynesboro
“Surprised!”
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I was thoroughly surprised at the cleanliness and friendliness of this HIX. I suppose I was not expecting too much since this is just a Holiday Inn express. The front desk lady was very nice and gave us a very good recommendation for a few restaurants in Straunton (neighboring town). Upon entering the lobby, I was surprised at the size and the newness of the hotel. The lobby is spacious with a large flat screen TV as well as reading material. The breakfast area is very clean and the staff is very conscientious. They are very good at replenishing items which are low and great at keeping the area clean. The room is very spacious though it is a one room suite... two queen with a pull out sofa..My only complaint is the washer was not working properly during our stay. Clothes were sopping wet after the last spin..We stayed here so that we would be close enough to the beginning part of the Blue Ridge Parkway and the end of the Shenandoah. It's about a 15 minute drive through the town of Waynesboro. Waynesboro is a pretty dead town, but the next town north (Straunton) is very quaint. Also, there is a Target shopping area over the freeway, not far from the hotel and a Cracker Barrel across the way.

Room Tip: We requested top level, away from stairs and ice machine. The lobby is actually on the 2nd floor and...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Inman, SC
Reviewed 22 June 2012

By reading the reviews I expected a positive experience. Boy was I wrong. Check in was fast and easy, the desk clerk was friendly and efficient. We reserved a non-smoking King Suite. The room was ok. The air in the room was stale. I hoped this would clear after the AC had run for a while. We left for dinner and came back. The room was barely cool and there was still a smell like old smoke. I inquired about this and was assured this was a non smoking room. The AC had problems keeping up. The room was tolerable but a long way from as cool as I like. I turned the light on in the bathroom later in the evening to find roaches running over the floor. I used a towel to kill them and pushed them to a corner for housekeeping. The bed was almost unsleepable. My back was killing me when I woke up. Both my wife and I had trouble sleeping on it and did not rest. I would not stay here again. The pool area was clean, however the hot tub had no heat. The had a sign stating that the heat didn't work.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Luco57
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Waynesboro - Rt. 340, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Dear Luco57,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased you found our front desk to be friendly and efficient, check-in to be fast and easy and the pool to be clean. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and services are superior. I am sorry you were not 100% satisfied with the condition of your room. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, the feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

I want to extend my personal apology, and to thank you for helping us improve our hotel and services. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Scottsville, Virginia
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We came in on Father's Day weekend for the Stuarts Draft 9U Baseball Tournament. I will have to say that this was the best stay our family has had in a Holiday Inn. All the staff was great and helpful. Even there were alot of teams there they kept the Hotel clean and was very polite with all the Families that I knew that stayed. I hope if you choose to stay in Waynesboro choose Holiday Inn & Suites .

Middlebury, CT
Reviewed 8 June 2012

All good things to say about this hotel. We were driving home from TN and needed a place to stay. Pulled up Tripadvisor and found this wonderful hotel. It was everything we needed. Convenient on and off the highway, surrounded by many restaurant choices, clean, free breakfast and we got a King room for less than $120 for the night.

The hotel was clean inside and out, our room was very comfortable and large, the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was a full hot breakfast buffet...with this cool contraption that made pancakes.

We spoke to the fellow behind the counter as we were checking in to let him know that it was their high ratings on Trip Advisor that brought us there. We would be back here in a second.

I highly recommend a stay at this gem of a hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Our 2 night stay @ the HIE couldn't have been any nicer. All of the staff was warm & friendly, from the folks at the front desk, the two great ladies that were in charge of the free breakfast & even a maint. worker who showed the the way to the front desk when I was lost (on my first trip to the lobby; I forgot that the lobby was on the 2nd floor).
Our room (306) was most surprising. Besides being a regular room, it has an apse which contained a table & chair as well as a large piece of furniture that was set up with a refrigerator, coffe maker, etc. This extra room madea world of difference. The room also had two queen-size beds.
The motel is located next to an Outback which was very convenient. There was also an indoor pool, which we didn't use, but saw many guests that were having a great time.
The location was just off the Interstate and not too far from the old city proper.

Room Tip: Ask for room 306.
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We spent two days driving the Blue Ridge Mountains and needed somewhere to stay on the middle night. We used our Priority Club points to pay for our stay. Staff were very friendly and room was clean, large and had a great shower - overall well appointed. The Outback restaurant next door was a welcome surprise and where we had our dinner. Great food in a lovely atmosphere. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Upper Marlboro
Reviewed 1 May 2012

As soon as I know I am going out of town, I start looking for hotels in that location and start reading the reviews on tripadvisor. All the great reviews are true (see 363Laura and Karen G). You cannot go wrong by booking this hotel - it is easy on-off I-64; close to restaurants, shopping, movie theatre etc.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
Best Western Plus Waynesboro Inn & Suites Conference Center
Hampton Inn Waynesboro / Stuarts Draft
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#4 of 15 in Staunton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Waynesboro - Rt. 340? Share your experiences!