“loved it!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Waynesboro
Richmond, Virginia
“loved it!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

HI Express in waynesboro was great. my room was very clean the beds were like sleeping on a cloud. The pool was very nice on such a hot day.The business center was lovely. The breakfast was hot and fresh.I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: room 227 roo type has lots of space and is on the lobby floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Wilton, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

Had a great room with a jacuzzi, king size bed, and mini-fridge. Would definitely stay again. Staff was very pleasant, and the Holiday Inn was convenient to several restaurants, shopping, and fuel!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

We couldn't have been more pleased with HI Express in Waynesboro. Great staff. Room was very clean and attractive. Overall it was a wonderful experience.

• Stayed July 2012
virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

Front desk workers were very nice and efficient. Our room was so quiet! I couldn't believe it! Outback Steakhouse was right next door. Had to leave in the mornings early before breakfast opened to go to an early morning swim meet and they were super nice and packed little bags with water, fruit, and trail mix / granola bars for us to take to the meet. Would stay here again.

Chesapeake, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

All right, I admit we should have booked ahead before checking in at 6:30 that Saturday evening. So I wasn't entirely surprised when the only available room, even for a Priority Club member, was in the smoking section. I didn't like that, but we'd been driving all day and were exhausted. And since it was a June Saturday I supposed that the closer we got to Richmond and the coast, the less likely we were to find a room anywhere. So we took the available room.

We got to the room, set the A/C on its highest setting to try to air out the place, and went out to dinner. When we got back I was quite unpleased to find two large dead bugs in the bathroom.
But, again, it was a Saturday evening, the chances of finding a room further east were slim and none, so I put up with it. And was unpleasantly surprised to see a large life bug in the sink a while later, but... the above conditions. And the bugs I saw were all in the bathroom....

I had difficulty sleeping that night, was drowsing in bed with the TV about 1 a.m., when something tickled my arm. I looked down and there in the MIDDLE OF THE BED was another large bug!

We checked out immediately. The night clerk said, 'Yes, we've been having trouble with water bugs lately'. (Sheesh! Do they not know how to call an exterminator if they've been having trouble lately????) He tried to find us another place to stay but nothing was available at that time of night that was east of Richmond. The clerk was quiet and polite and did everything that was correct and expected. (No, we did NOT pay for the few hours we had the room.) I felt sorry for whoever would have that same room on the next evening!

3 Thank F C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

I was thoroughly surprised at the cleanliness and friendliness of this HIX. I suppose I was not expecting too much since this is just a Holiday Inn express. The front desk lady was very nice and gave us a very good recommendation for a few restaurants in Straunton (neighboring town). Upon entering the lobby, I was surprised at the size and the newness of the hotel. The lobby is spacious with a large flat screen TV as well as reading material. The breakfast area is very clean and the staff is very conscientious. They are very good at replenishing items which are low and great at keeping the area clean. The room is very spacious though it is a one room suite... two queen with a pull out sofa..My only complaint is the washer was not working properly during our stay. Clothes were sopping wet after the last spin..We stayed here so that we would be close enough to the beginning part of the Blue Ridge Parkway and the end of the Shenandoah. It's about a 15 minute drive through the town of Waynesboro. Waynesboro is a pretty dead town, but the next town north (Straunton) is very quaint. Also, there is a Target shopping area over the freeway, not far from the hotel and a Cracker Barrel across the way.

Room Tip: We requested top level, away from stairs and ice machine. The lobby is actually on the 2nd floor and...
Inman, SC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

By reading the reviews I expected a positive experience. Boy was I wrong. Check in was fast and easy, the desk clerk was friendly and efficient. We reserved a non-smoking King Suite. The room was ok. The air in the room was stale. I hoped this would clear after the AC had run for a while. We left for dinner and came back. The room was barely cool and there was still a smell like old smoke. I inquired about this and was assured this was a non smoking room. The AC had problems keeping up. The room was tolerable but a long way from as cool as I like. I turned the light on in the bathroom later in the evening to find roaches running over the floor. I used a towel to kill them and pushed them to a corner for housekeeping. The bed was almost unsleepable. My back was killing me when I woke up. Both my wife and I had trouble sleeping on it and did not rest. I would not stay here again. The pool area was clean, however the hot tub had no heat. The had a sign stating that the heat didn't work.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Luco57
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Waynesboro - Rt. 340, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Dear Luco57,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased you found our front desk to be friendly and efficient, check-in to be fast and easy and the pool to be clean. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and services are superior. I am sorry you were not 100% satisfied with the condition of your room. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, the feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

I want to extend my personal apology, and to thank you for helping us improve our hotel and services. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
BEST WESTERN PLUS Waynesboro Inn & Suites Conference Center
Hampton Inn Waynesboro / Stuarts Draft
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#4 of 15 in Staunton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Waynesboro - Rt. 340? Share your experiences!